2k17: Blake Snell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k17: Blake Snell

In this case particular case he was picked in the first round of the reserve draft last year. This assigns him a $15 price tag for this year and next. Or you can give him a raise after this season at $5 per year.

Pitching is a bit scarce at auction this year with only 6 of the top 25 going to be available at auction.

While I do not think he is worth it now. I am wondering what you guys would pay at auction as well at what he may be kept at in your leagues.

He'll be kept at $3 in ours.

Similar concern with Snell as Rodon - high K rate comes with high WHIP danger. Snell, IMO, is able to hold his ERA in good territory due to favorable HR/9 numbers. I'll be out when the bidding hit double digits; if his IP increases to 170-180 IP with a 1.50 WHIP, that'd sink your team in the WHIP category without a whole lot of other help.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks Chance.

Anyone else? I can't believe that out of 40 views no one else is in an auction league that is not rostering Snell.

Comment

I agree with Chancellor.

A look at his ML numbers show similar stats -- high BB% rate, low HR%. His ML WHIP is 1.30, so I don't have a lot of faith that this number will dwindle at the MLB level. I could foresee a WHIP in the high 1.30s as being best-case scenario in '17.

$15 seems like a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X