Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Mike Montgomery

good read here: https://t.co/oEptKzaRea

Eno Sarris mentioned him today on MLB Network - "Mike Montgomery has two top 25 non fastballs by whiffs and grounders. Last time I saw this on a reliever, it was Carlos Carrasco."

Big question is: is he a starter or a reliever?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Big question is: is he a starter or a reliever?
      Looks like he will take over Hammel's spot as the fifth starter as long as the Cubs don't acquire any more pitching.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Looks like he will take over Hammel's spot as the fifth starter as long as the Cubs don't acquire any more pitching.
        And that is the big question, my friend!

Comment

He'll be valuable in NL only regardless imo but I think they give him a chance to be the 5th starter. He may only go 5-6 ala Hammel in the early going but let's not forget he was once a top-20 prospect in baseball and lefties generally take a little longer to develop.

Comment

Rats, my computer is blocking the article.

No question the Cubs like Montgomery. Like many others on the team he gives them flexibility. While the Cubs do not seem to be going for another top pitcher this off season, I do not think 2017 is the year that Montgomery becomes a full time member of the rotation. I would not be surprised if the Cubs sign Tyson Ross (and hope they do). Ross may not be ready for opening day. Montgomery could easily take a few starts until Ross is ready then easily move back to an innings eating valuable member of the Pen.

Comment

Here's the full article link: http://wrigleyville.locals.baseballp...omery-starter/

As a reliever, Montgomery can max it out. Not sure everything holds up as a starter but this is at least intriguing

Comment

Working...
              X