2K17: Ozzie Albies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Ozzie Albies

ZIPS projections are up for several teams, including Atlanta. They have him at

ZIPS 568 PA, .247/.304/.365, 7 HR, 21 SB
    Steamer has .262/.315/.367

It's basically a full time 2B gig, though maybe not from opening day. Is that about right? What about 2018 and beyond?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I could see this. He's only behind Jace Peterson, who was better in 2016 than 2015, but isn't a big hurdle. But keep in mind Peterson had a .350 OBP last year in 400 PAs.

Comment

Peterson isn't anything amazing but he's good enough that without an injury I doubt Atlanta rushes Albies up, unless Albies is just ridiculous in AAA and they need him for marketing value.

For what it's worth, from the Fangraphs prospect guy's chat today:

12:43
      Django: Will Albies make a significant contributing to Atlanta at any point in 2017?
      12:43
      Eric A Longenhagen: Probably not
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Albies would not be rushed. He's already paid dues at AAA. That said, I think he is expected to open at AAA to get him focused on 2B. The question is more when he gets called up than if. RosterResource says mid-season. The other complication is Dansby Swanson who is expected to play full time, pushing SS capable players (like Albies) toward 2B.

On consideration, I would dial the PA back to 400 or less. Peterson is solid fielder with a near ideal utility bat so he has a future. Perhaps it's not starting at 2B.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I traded a lame duck McCutchen for Albies last summer (and was told I didn't get enough). have Ozzie on a 5-5-10-15 contract option that starts AFTER his 131st MLB AB.
          am hoping for about 100 good MLB AB late in 2017, then start the clock in 2018 as established starter at 2B for a possible 4 nice AVG/R/SB years.....
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
          X