No announcement yet.

Going serious.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mjl - don't know how cutthroat yet. yahoo doesn't really tell people that much about each other. we'll see.
    Hornsby - Thanks. Friendly group here. Simple sounds good. I'm glad there is a lot of time to plan.
    rhd - all good points, especially the FAAB.
    madducks - (smartest pitcher ever?) - like the idea of paying categories - spreading the money around a little more couldn't hurt, at least to start

Continuing thanks.
    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

If you guys are all friends then I'd say do a keeper league. They certainly are more contentious than redraft but also a lot more fun IMO, and drama created by dump trades can get very entertaining. On the other hand, if some of the guys are going to be bitching all the time at every trade they don't approve of, then it might not be worth the hassle.

As for payouts, an idea that I've wanted to try but can't get the league to agree to, is to have each place either pay or receive a share. So, the team finishing last pays the winner, 2nd to last pays 2nd, etc. This not only would keep everyone invested all season but would dissuade owners from completely dumping their teams.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
      X