Sorting through the Rubble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorting through the Rubble.

OK, so in my quest to finish in the money I dealt most of my sure fire keepers and when the dust cleared, I did cash but am now left with a bag of rocks who may or may not be worth keeping. I can keep 10 of these.

Who do you like?

Same 15 team mixed standard roto.

Hedges 4b
    Duda 3b
    Napoli 8b
    Schimpf 3b
    J Reyes 3b
    Alc Diaz 16b
    W Myers 9b
    M Upton 5b
    J Polanco 2b
    J Harrison 2c
    M Conforto 2b
    C Santana 18b

Myers is a lock. However almost every other guy has questions.

Thoughts?

Hedges 4b
    Duda 3b
    Napoli 8b
    Schimpf 3b
    J Reyes 3b
    Alc Diaz 16b - not sure who this guy is
    W Myers 9b
    M Upton 5b
    J Polanco 2b
    J Harrison 2c
    M Conforto 2b
    C Santana 18b

Not great, but that's what happens when you go all-in.

Comment

AlEdmys sorry for The misspell.

Comment

Hedges 4b Meh.
        Duda 3b There are questions, but for $3, it's an easy choice.
        Napoli 8b Nah.
        Schimpf 3b Also, not a guy to take a lot of risk on, but I love him for $3.
        J Reyes 3b Not a big fan, but the price is right.
        Alc Diaz 16b Not as cheap as the others, but still keepable.
        W Myers 9b No brainer.
        M Upton 5b A lot depends on his situation. I'd keep him, but also I'd try to move him.

J Polanco 2b Meh.
        J Harrison 2c Yes, but I'm not high on him for 2017.
        M Conforto 2b Yes, he may start slow, but I'm expecting a big year by end of season.

C Santana 18b No.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
          Hedges 4b Meh.
          Duda 3b There are questions, but for $3, it's an easy choice.
          Napoli 8b Nah.
          Schimpf 3b Also, not a guy to take a lot of risk on, but I love him for $3.
          J Reyes 3b Not a big fan, but the price is right.
          Alc Diaz 16b Not as cheap as the others, but still keepable.
          W Myers 9b No brainer.
          M Upton 5b A lot depends on his situation. I'd keep him, but also I'd try to move him.

J Polanco 2b Meh.
          J Harrison 2c Yes, but I'm not high on him for 2017.
          M Conforto 2b Yes, he may start slow, but I'm expecting a big year by end of season.

C Santana 18b No.
          If this were my team I agree with Dane except I add the $3 Reyes.

Comment

I agree to cut Polanco and Santana. But, i would keep the other 10 at cheap to reasonable prices.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              I agree to cut Polanco and Santana. But, i would keep the other 10 at cheap to reasonable prices.
              Even Hedges? In a 15 team mixed, there will be a starting catcher in both catcher spots, but many will go for $1. I think you can get better than a .200 OBP and a trickle of HRs for less than $4.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                Even Hedges? In a 15 team mixed, there will be a starting catcher in both catcher spots, but many will go for $1. I think you can get better than a .200 OBP and a trickle of HRs for less than $4.
                I probably like him more than most as i am thinking that Hedges could be a post-hype breakout type of player. He was the Padres #1 prospect just a few years ago. True, he didn't show any power until he played in the PCL hitters paradise. But, most scouting reports have always projected him to hit for power. And his defense has been considered to be MLB ready for a few years now so that could keep him in the lineup if he is slumping at the plate. People seem to have soured on him since his first cup of coffee didn't go so well. But, catchers usually take more time to develop and San Diego seems to be committed to giving him considerable playing time (starting catcher?) this season after letting Norris go. Four bucks doesn't seem like a bad gamble on 25 hr upside.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  I probably like him more than most as i am thinking that Hedges could be a post-hype breakout type of player. He was the Padres #1 prospect just a few years ago. True, he didn't show any power until he played in the PCL hitters paradise. But, most scouting reports have always projected him to hit for power. And his defense has been considered to be MLB ready for a few years now so that could keep him in the lineup if he is slumping at the plate. People seem to have soured on him since his first cup of coffee didn't go so well. But, catchers usually take more time to develop and San Diego seems to be committed to giving him considerable playing time (starting catcher?) this season after letting Norris go. Four bucks doesn't seem like a bad gamble on 25 hr upside.
                  I think 25 HRs is WAY high. 15? Okay, maybe. But, 15 HRs with a dinky OBP and terrible RBI/R because he's batting at the back end of a terrible lineup for $4 is a waste of $3, in my opinion. I would think in a 15-teamer, he would go for $1. Now, in an NL-only, I could see $4 a lot easier, just on post-hype alone.

Comment

Working...
                  X