No announcement yet.

Chapman vs other AL closer keepers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always tough to do, but try to package some of that excess for an upgrade. I'm not a huge Chapman believer. Tremendous physical strength, but I like the risk/reward much better for $5 Diaz or $3 Dyson than $20 Chapman.

Comment

This may of course change as we get into spring training, but I was leaning towards keeping the bolded names below (prior to Chapman becoming an option again):

Machado $20 C
      Seager $23 B
      D. Travis $8 B
      J. Ramirez $4 B
      T. Anderson $7 B
      Napoli $7 B

Zunino $5 B
      Dozier $27 B

D. Duffy $5 B
      E. Diaz $5 B

S. Dyson $3 B
      Chapman $20 B
      Rodon $8 C

But I could easily swap Napoli out for Dyson, or someone. Interesting some of you like Dozier at $27. It should be noted that as a keeper league, the prospects (like Anderson) are highly valued, and inflation tends to be around 15-20% in auction (I guess making Chapman and Dozier more attractive). I just expect I could get Dozier back for around $30. Chapman probably about the same. For reference, top starters go for ~$40, top closers for <$30, and the Trout/Altuve/Donaldsons go for ~$50/$45/$40 range. I'd be sad to miss out on a Carlos Rodon 2017 breakout, but I could probably get him back for $18 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
        This may of course change as we get into spring training, but I was leaning towards keeping the bolded names below (prior to Chapman becoming an option again):

Machado $20 C
        Seager $23 B
        D. Travis $8 B
        J. Ramirez $4 B
        T. Anderson $7 B
        Napoli $7 B

Zunino $5 B
        Dozier $27 B

D. Duffy $5 B
        E. Diaz $5 B

S. Dyson $3 B
        Chapman $20 B
        Rodon $8 C

But I could easily swap Napoli out for Dyson, or someone. Interesting some of you like Dozier at $27. It should be noted that as a keeper league, the prospects (like Anderson) are highly valued, and inflation tends to be around 15-20% in auction (I guess making Chapman and Dozier more attractive). I just expect I could get Dozier back for around $30. Chapman probably about the same. For reference, top starters go for ~$40, top closers for <$30, and the Trout/Altuve/Donaldsons go for ~$50/$45/$40 range. I'd be sad to miss out on a Carlos Rodon 2017 breakout, but I could probably get him back for $18 or so.
        I think Dozier under $30 is a must keep, or at least exploring trade value. I'm in the same boat, and I feel I need to make room for him, as I believe he goes closer to $40 in the draft if he's available.

Reminds me of a couple years back when I dropped a $26 Altuve, not even needing extension, thinking I could get him back at auction. He went to someone else for $36, and that was that.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Well for me part of the problem with Dozier is that he's a 2B. And I also have Machado (SS), Travis (2B), and Anderson (SS). I guess if I keep Dozier I don't keep (at least) either Travis or Anderson. And I don't really like the idea of fully locking up my MI slots before the auction, but it could be worse. Hmm...

Comment

If I keep my bolded 8 (or Dozier instead of one of the MIs), I would have all 6 of my 1B, 3B, CI, 2B, SS, MI spots filled. Meaning once I fill my U spot I could only bid on C, and OF hitters. Which is not an ideal place to be in an auction, but so it goes, I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X