Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eaton to the Nats for Giolito, Lopez

And another prospect, Dunning

Wow, Giolito's stock has definitely fallen. His stats neer supported him being a generational talent, but the scouts have long loved him, and put his ceiling up there with the very best. It will be interesting to see how he actually pans out.

I'm just a curious bystander now that I traded him straight up for an unkeepable Altuve last year.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 12-07-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I hope the Nationals suck for the rest of time.

Signed,
      Guy who dumped half his NL only team for Giolito last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I hope the Nationals suck for the rest of time.

Signed,
        Guy who dumped half his NL only team for Giolito last year.
        Oof. LOL.

Comment

Damn, I love Eaton, but he's simply not good enough to warrant a package like that. Giolito is still seen as a potential #1 starter, if not a Cy candidate, and Lopez has the chops to be an elite bullpen arm, if he doesn't pan out as a starter. I think that the Nats might have panicked a little bit when they didn't get Sale, but this certainly doesn't seem to be the answer to me.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I lost my R Lopez in an NL only with this trade. I am biased but I think of him as almost as good as Giolito. I really like the rebuild that White Sox have pulled off just from these past 2 days of deals.

Comment

They must know something on Giolito we don't. Still, way too steep a price when you could just buy a Fowler on the market. At least they didn't deal my NL-Only Robles (yet.....)

Comment

Panic-move by Nats IMO. They are shoving because they know Bryce is gone after this season.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Interesting, Kieth Law said in his evaluation of the deal that the Nats had changed Giolito's delivery prior to last season, leading, in his estimation, to a subpar season. It apparently affected his mechanics and his command and control...Law expects the Sox to reset the mechanics and get Giolito back on track to being a top of the rotation guy.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

I traded Giolito for a package including Verlander and won the league. I like him much less as a White Sox. Flags fly forever.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Panic-move by Nats IMO. They are shoving because they know Bryce is gone after this season.
                      Are you implying they're going to trade him next year? Because he still has two more seasons under his contract.

Comment

Nationals control Harper for 3 more years. Their goal should be to maximize their roster for those 3 years. Eaton makes them measurably better over the next 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                          Nationals control Harper for 3 more years. Their goal should be to maximize their roster for those 3 years. Eaton makes them measurably better over the next 3 years.
                          According to Cot's, Harper is under contract for '17 & '18 but is a FA in '19.

Comment

Sportrac has Harper under team control for '17 and '18. He is still arbitration eligible for those two years. His current contract ran out in 2016. Yes his FA year is 2019.
                            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              And Eaton has a team-friendly contract.

Comment

Working...
                              X