Rank these minor league players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank these minor league players

All players are either $2 or $5 and their contract year does not start until the player is called up to the big club.

Can you rank these players?

Sam Travis 1b Bos
    Lordes Gurriel 2b Tor
    Yulieski Gurriel 3b Hou
    Bryce Brentz Of Bos
    Franklin Barreto ss Oak

Carson Fulmer P Chi
    Michael Kopech P Bos
    Shohei Otani P Japan

I can only protect 3 players on my reserve keeper list. Yulieski G will be a keeper on my active roster but I did not have to start his contract until next season as he still maintains MLB rookie status. We are AL only, so if Otani signs in the NL, I will lose him.

I am very interested in reading any comments or thoughts everyone has on these players. Thanks for any help.

Otani, since it was leaked that his club might post him after next season. Intimidate impact.

Either of the Gurriels, depending on your needs...Lordes is going to take a year or two, Yuileski is obviously ready to contribute now.

Kopech...a starter who routinely throws in the high 90's, and has a slider that sits in the high 80's? Yeah, I'll take that all day long...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

not sure if this is relevant for your ranking but the early word up here is that Lordes Gurriel's probable position will eventually be either 3B or a corner OF spot
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by cleo View Post
        All players are either $2 or $5 and their contract year does not start until the player is called up to the big club.

Can you rank these players?

Sam Travis 1b Bos
        Lordes Gurriel 2b Tor
        Yulieski Gurriel 3b Hou
        Bryce Brentz Of Bos
        Franklin Barreto ss Oak

Carson Fulmer P Chi
        Michael Kopech P Bos
        Shohei Otani P Japan

I can only protect 3 players on my reserve keeper list. Yulieski G will be a keeper on my active roster but I did not have to start his contract until next season as he still maintains MLB rookie status. We are AL only, so if Otani signs in the NL, I will lose him.

I am very interested in reading any comments or thoughts everyone has on these players. Thanks for any help.
        Definitely NOT Sam Travis or Bryce Brentz.

I'd go with both Gurriels and Kopech. If you can make Yulieski one of your active keepers somehow and then keep Otani as one of your 3, I'd do that so you could then have 4.

Otani could have the greatest impact of all of them, but considering there's a 50% chance that he's a zero and burning up a roster slot all year, I think that nudges Kopech in front of him for me. But only slightly.

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.

How much does Kopech stock go up (if any) by him going to the White Sox? Our league uses QS instead of wins, so not much of an issue if he remains a starter. I would think he would start as a reliever later this season and then move into the rotation for 2018???

Comment

Working...
          X