Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giancarlo Cruz Michael Stanton?

What will you pay for him this coming year? Or what do you think he will go for at your auction.

If you already own him what is his salary and will you keep him?

In our NL only 5x5 there is not a lot of power back in the auction. He is currently $45. I am leaning towards not keeping him, yet that doesn't feel quite right either. Our league does not typically like to take on salary before the auction so trading him could be problematic. That and I still like his power.

Remember Jude's Law - if you have one of the best keeper lists, cross these guys off. not worth the risk.

if you have a lot of ground to make up, he's the kind of big-ticket guy who gives you a puncher's chance at a profit.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sage advice from Judge Jude.

If you would be willing to pay $45 for him at the draft, then cut him loose. Try to minimize risk with your keeper list. That way you can target risk at your draft, and maybe get it cheap.

Comment

Only if my league inflation were 40-50% would I even consider keeping Stanton.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If you think he'll go $45 in the draft, he may also go $50. If a competitor is willing to put ~20% of their eggs in one basket, I'll let them do it but I'll also make sure they pay at least $46 to do it.

Comment

In my 12-team mixed he went for $73 last year, most expensive player. That team was in a race for last all dragon so I expect he'll go significantly cheaper this year, around $60 which is still way above what I'd pay. Good advice from JJ and Dane.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
            X