New CBA Reached

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CBA Reached

Just hours before the midnight deadline....no lockouts or strikes for another five years.

I wonder if there is any new contract language about arbitration, super two, etc that would affect rookie callups?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Home field for the World Series now goes to the team with the better regular season record, not the league that won the All-Star Game. Minimum DL stay reduced from 15 to 10 days.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        Home field for the World Series now goes to the team with the better regular season record, not the league that won the All-Star Game. Minimum DL stay reduced from 15 to 10 days.
        10-day DL. cool.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Qualifying Offers -- players can only get a QO once in their career. Teams over the luxury tax threshold will lose a 2nd & 5th rounder & $1m in int'l bonus budgets. Teams under the luxury tax threshold will lose a 3rd rd pick. Teams that lose a QO player will gain a pick only if the payer signs a contract greater than $50m, and the pick is determined by market sizes of the teams.

International Draft - didn't happen, but budgets for signing int'l players are capped at around $6m a year.

Luxury Tax Threshold - going up from $189m to $195m-$210m over the next five seasons.

26th roster Spot - not happening.

Schedule - Opening Day moved to mid-week to allow for more off days during the season.

Rev Sharing - some changes, most notably to the A's being phased out as recipients, due largely to the way they've used the money. Ouch.

Smokeless Tobacco - now a banned substance.

Comment

Wow. PA, Commish Office and other owners must all despise A's ownership. They were a playoff team in 2012, 2013, 2014
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

love this tweet ...

While my efforts to eliminate pitchers from having to throw to 1B didnt pass, I'm proud of the PA & Owners for coming together on a new CBA!
              - Jon Lester (@JLester34)
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Qualifying Offers -- players can only get a QO once in their career. Teams over the luxury tax threshold will lose a 2nd & 5th rounder & $1m in int'l bonus budgets. Teams under the luxury tax threshold will lose a 3rd rd pick. Teams that lose a QO player will gain a pick only if the payer signs a contract greater than $50m, and the pick is determined by market sizes of the teams.

International Draft - didn't happen, but budgets for signing int'l players are capped at around $6m a year.

Luxury Tax Threshold - going up from $189m to $195m-$210m over the next five seasons.

Schedule - Opening Day moved to mid-week to allow for more off days during the season.

Rev Sharing - some changes, most notably to the A's being phased out as recipients, due largely to the way they've used the money. Ouch.

Is there a salary cap floor? If so, what is it?

The only thing I wish they did was lower the September roster expansion number to 30 or something.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  Wow. PA, Commish Office and other owners must all despise A's ownership. They were a playoff team in 2012, 2013, 2014
                  I'd say that's long been known. They get screwed by the Giants and the owners that support the Giants constantly.

That being said, there's still no reason a smart, capital conscious ballpark hasn't been constructed yet.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                    This has been coming for quite a while: http://www.smallmarketball.com/2012/...ng-for-as.html (note this article is from March 2012, before the playoff run)
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I'd say that's long been known. They get screwed by the Giants and the owners that support the Giants constantly.

That being said, there's still no reason a smart, capital conscious ballpark hasn't been constructed yet.
                      Either the City of San Jose needs to hand the Giants 200M and buy out their "baseball rights" or the A's need to move to Sacramento
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

But they can almost use the new 10-day DL as a 26th spot for pitchers, unless there is other language restricting or inhibiting this.

I wonder what the penalties will be for violation? Same as recreational drugs seems too harsh.

Comment

Working...
                        X