Strasburg for Bader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strasburg for Bader

Would you take a gamble on Strasburg for a mid-range prospect? I'm being offered Strasburg, who is guaranteed $25 next year for my Harrison Bader. He wants to do the deal now (he gets whims in the off-season, and I'm one of the few owners who will make deals this early), but I'm overstuffed with major league keepers at the moment. Assuming, I can't deal other guys elsewhere, it would mean I'd have to not keep Aaron Sanchez at $21. I like to do, but most of the leaague is hard to deal with before the auction, so it isn't a lock I'll be able to move anyone.
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-22-2016, 08:35 AM.

It's a solid deal, but if you're going to drop Sanchez over it then it's not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      It's a solid deal, but if you're going to drop Sanchez over it then it's not worth it.
      Yeah, that was what I was thinking. Also, Sanchez can be kept another year at that price, whereas Strasburg can't. And if Strasburg gets hurt pre-auction, I still have to eat his contract, so there is a tiny bit of added risk there.

This is a 14 team mixed league btw.

Comment

Pass. Stras would be a nice piece for a team who needs an ace. Doesn't sound like that's you.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
        X