winter waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter waivers

My a.l. ultra 12 team league runs winter waivers. I have first selection of the names which came out today, below are maybe the best possibilities for next season protection. Do you like any of the 4 ?

eddie rosario $10

todd frazier $30

yunel escobar $15

brandon kintzler $25

Currently, kintzler is the closer in minnesota but if I claim and he is not protectable in March (twins bringing in someone to close, injury, etc), I would have to pay $100 real dollars to release. (cost for the release fee resulted because kintzler was a $25 or greater free agent purchase this past season...releasing team is on the hook if nobody claims).

frazier @ $30 kind of looks attractive from an established player point of view. Lots of rbi, runs and total bases, his on base isn't terrible too (all 4 of these are categories along with sb).

Are any of these players worthy of a winter waiver claim ?

how much inflation do you have? Frazier does look reasonable if it's a 12-team ultra - in general ultra leagues have high inflation because most of the young stars are artificially cheap. I don't think any of the others are worthy of consideration.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      My a.l. ultra 12 team league runs winter waivers. I have first selection of the names which came out today, below are maybe the best possibilities for next season protection. Do you like any of the 4 ?

eddie rosario $10

todd frazier $30

yunel escobar $15

brandon kintzler $25

Currently, kintzler is the closer in minnesota but if I claim and he is not protectable in March (twins bringing in someone to close, injury, etc), I would have to pay $100 real dollars to release. (cost for the release fee resulted because kintzler was a $25 or greater free agent purchase this past season...releasing team is on the hook if nobody claims).

frazier @ $30 kind of looks attractive from an established player point of view. Lots of rbi, runs and total bases, his on base isn't terrible too (all 4 of these are categories along with sb).

Are any of these players worthy of a winter waiver claim ?
      We're going through our Winter Waiver process right now too.

If it's an OBP league, to me, Frazier is the only one worth considering. No way in a BA league. Still, I think he's probably right at what he'll go for in next year's draft. I assume you'd have to cut someone to make room? That might be the deciding factor; is Frazier more appealing than that guy, either as a keeper or trade bait?

I left Addison Reed at $10 unprotected but it's my pick and this Familia incident has me wondering if Reed could get the closer role now, either due to suspension or a cutting of ties. Reed was the better pitcher all year anyway, but I also fear this post-season bullpen revolution will result in the best reliever being the fireman, not the closer. I don't really have any other closer keeper options and I would be cutting a $16 Duda to make room for him. Thoughts?
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Working...
      X