1052 runs
    50 sb
    2187 hits

7 all-star appearances
    2 Gold Gloves
    4 Top 5 MVP finishes
    5 Silver Sluggers

2009 World Series champion
    Yes, he'd get in if her retired right now.
    0%
    Yes, as long as he has at least a couple more seasons like 2016.
    0%
    Yes, as long as he plays a few more years and pads his counting stats.
    0%
    No, great career but not Hall of Fame level.
    0%
    No, not even close.
    0%

I almost ended up voting yes as long as he plays a few more years ... but ended up at the no, great career but not hall of fame ... he could get back into the yes category with a couple strong years, but just padding the numbers won't cut it for me.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I almost ended up voting yes as long as he plays a few more years ... but ended up at the no, great career but not hall of fame ... he could get back into the yes category with a couple strong years, but just padding the numbers won't cut it for me.
      Interesting. It seemed like he might be in decline when he went to Seattle but he's really turned it around the last two years and seems to be back on a HOF track. Jeff Kent hasn't gotten much HOF love, but he played during the heart of the steroid era, was a defensive liability and was notoriously surly, which probably isn't helping his chances. I have to think Cano will have a better chance than Kent. If he has 3-4 more years along the lines of last year and this one (let's say somewhere in between), I can't see how he doesn't get in.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
        If he has 3-4 more years along the lines of last year and this one (let's say somewhere in between), I can't see how he doesn't get in.
        This. If he can continue to hit in Seattle with similar years to this year then yes he should get in.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I think his stats/talent blows Craig Biggio away, so I voted for "needs a few more years to pad his stats."

Comment

Working...
          X