Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Hill......shhhhhh

Perfecto through 7 vs. the Fish.....

Took him out w the perfecto still intact (!), Blanton comes in and gives up a hit to Francoeur..

Comment

89 pitches... I get that he's got a horrible history of health, and that he's really important for the Dodgers playoff chances. BUT, I think that you put him out there, hope that he throws a 10 pitch inning, and then see what the 9th brings.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

The blister effect was important here - as cool as a potential PG would've been, adding on those extra pitches when the game was fairly in hand would've been risky

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          The blister effect was important here - as cool as a potential PG would've been, adding on those extra pitches when the game was fairly in hand would've been risky
          Except that Hill claimed that he was not having any blister problems...it's interesting to see the manager claim that Hill was feeling "heat" in the area when the player apparently didn't know he was.

It's probably a good thing for the club, but it was a really bad deal for Hill...a guy like him probably won't ever get close to something like that again.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Where is ElD to tell us exactly how it should have played out?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
            X