Tim Tebow Coming To MLB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Coming To MLB?

The Atlanta Braves are interested in... Tim Tebow?!

Braves GM John Coppolella confirmed the team's interest in former QB Tim Tebow, saying it has had multiple conversations with Tebow's representatives.

Atlanta Braves general manager John Coppolella confirmed the team's interest in Tim Tebow and said the Braves have had "multiple" conversations with Tebow's representatives as a step toward signing him to a professional baseball contract.

"We are interested in Tim because of his potential as a baseball player, not as a gate attraction,'' Coppolella said during the Braves' series with the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday. "We have spoken with his representatives multiple times and all parties involved want this to be a pure baseball thing on every level."
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Gotta sell those tickets.

Comment

Best quote I saw from a scout at last week's workout was that he "couldn't throw." LOL.

Comment

An amusing quote I saw was from a scout at his display: His swing is so long that it might take out the front row.

Comment

And he signs......with the Mets???

Comment

Apparently he was the winning pitcher the other night as well

tebow.jpg

Comment

Ouch!

ESPN baseball writer Keith Law:
              "Tebow the baseball player is not a baseball player; he’s a washed-up quarterback who has size and nothing else. His swing is long, and he wields the bat like someone who hasn’t played the sport in more than a decade, which he hasn’t. He can’t catch up to 90 mph, which is well below the major league average for a fastball, and was cutting through fastballs in the zone on Wednesday night. He rolled over twice on fastballs, which is something you generally see professional hitters do only on off-speed stuff, and he showed below-average running speed. In left field, his routes look like those of a wide receiver, although he managed to eventually make his way around to a fly ball in left.

In short, there’s absolutely no baseball justification for Tebow to be here [in the AFL]."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Ouch!

ESPN baseball writer Keith Law:
                "Tebow the baseball player is not a baseball player; he’s a washed-up quarterback who has size and nothing else. His swing is long, and he wields the bat like someone who hasn’t played the sport in more than a decade, which he hasn’t. He can’t catch up to 90 mph, which is well below the major league average for a fastball, and was cutting through fastballs in the zone on Wednesday night. He rolled over twice on fastballs, which is something you generally see professional hitters do only on off-speed stuff, and he showed below-average running speed. In left field, his routes look like those of a wide receiver, although he managed to eventually make his way around to a fly ball in left.

In short, there’s absolutely no baseball justification for Tebow to be here [in the AFL]."
                He's already catching grief from those who support TT, calling his critique on Tebow an attack on him because of his faith.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  He's already catching grief from those who support TT, calling his critique on Tebow an attack on him because of his faith.
                  His cult is completely divorced from reality. They were pissed when we dumped him for Peyton Manning. I'm glad the circus has moved on to another town.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

https://nypost.com/2018/06/27/tim-te...seball-player/
                    "Though his overall numbers for Binghamton aren’t overly impressive — Tebow had a slash line of .256/.335/.402 with five home runs and 27 RBIs through Monday — his .737 OPS through 224 plate appearances is 81 points better than the mark he posted a year ago. And over his previous 18 games he batted .321 (17-for-53) with an impressive .848 OPS. He hit safely in 11 of his previous 15 games, and had a stellar 315/.362/.481 slash line this month."

"The obvious question is: Has Tebow progressed enough to reach Queens as anything other than a cheap publicity stunt for a team playing out the string? A call-up to Triple-A Las Vegas likely would come first. But he’s at least making it a conversation."
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      "The obvious question is: Has Tebow progressed enough to reach Queens as anything other than a cheap publicity stunt for a team playing out the string?"
                      The obvious answer is: No.

Comment

I'm actually impressed Tebow has stuck it out this long and is getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          The obvious answer is: No.
                          The surprising part is he may actually be better than some fringe players that get called up in September.
                          He's not a *good* hitter by any means but he's hitting a lot better than I ever would have expected. His numbers are significantly better than Jordan's milb stint for example.

Comment

I believe Tim Tebow was drafted for $22 in the RJEL this year. It happened, folks.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              I'm actually impressed Tebow has stuck it out this long and is getting better.
                              He’s always worked hard. He’s proven to be a more incredible athlete than I thought - highly successful college QB, made the NFL, and now reputable in AA ball.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X