AL only - roster decision help in push for 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only - roster decision help in push for 1st

I've roared back up into the running in my 10-team AL only and currently sit in 3rd place, 2-4 pts behind first depending on the day. I made a handful of upgrade (ie dump for the other guy) trades in the past few weeks, but I need some help in deciding how to structure my roster. The best place for me to gain points is in the pitching categories. I am:
    - very tight in ERA and WHIP, could gain a few points with a 0.03 WHIP improvement
    - 2nd to last in W at 52, but there are 3 other teams with 57 wins. Beyond that I won't catch up
    - 40 Ks behind the next guy, and about 100 behind the one above him.
    - tied for 2nd in saves (will pass this guy to get sole 2nd place) and then 13 saves behind 1st (who has Betances/Robertson). (I have Kimbrell, Chapman, Diaz, Dyson)

My question is, do I try to gain points going after Saves/WHIP/ERA by keeping my 4 closers in, or do I try to go more with starters and catch up in Wins/Ks and hope that doesn't hurt me more in WHIP/ERA? I guess this boils down to, do I start Smyly over Dyson, and maybe later do I start one of the other crappy starters over a closer if I can't gain more points in saves?

My pitching staff is currently:

Starters:
    Felix
    Sale
    Rodon
    Pomeranz
    Duffy

Closers:
    Kimbrell
    Chapman
    Diaz
    Dyson

Bench:
    Smyly
    Shields
    Andriese
    Gibson

Thanks!

With that bench, I would leave Dyson (and the other 3) in there, as he does less damage to your ratios.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
    X