let's see if this works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's see if this works

On trade deadline day in my 10-team NL-only, I'm a half point out of the money. I decided it was worth giving up a little to make a run at the money, but I think this worked out pretty well.

I'm only 2 behind the 4th place team in HR and I could pick up another point with one run. I can't really make any difference in SB; I'm 13 back and 15 up on my closest competitors. I could lose a point in Ks and maybe one in saves but the other pitching categories are pretty stable.

I traded: Matt Carpenter ($31A) and Denard Span ($18A) for Brandon Phillips ($16A), Javier Baez ($10/expiring), Tyler Chatwood ($8A), Alex Verdugo ($6/minors)
    Verdugo and Chris Shaw ($5/minors) for Dee Gordon ($44A) and Rich Hill ($32A)
    Hill for Posey ($39B)

so basically Carpenter, Span, and Shaw for Phillips, Baez, Chatwood, Gordon, and Posey. I have an offer of Gordon for Adrian Gonzalez that I should probably take.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Oh, also, David Peralta ($8B) for Gio Gonzalez ($16A)
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Oh, also, David Peralta ($8B) for Gio Gonzalez ($16A)
      Can you find a sucker to take that deal?

:checkstradehistory

Oh, right.

Comment

Working...
      X