Puig?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puig?

He's tearing up the minors—.400+ AVG with a 1.200 OPS (!) across a couple levels—any chance he gets back up? You'd think they'd give him another shot if he proves he has his head on relatively straight, considering they're still in a super tight race.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

apparently they can't give him away right now

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Riiiiiiiiiiight.
      That article speculates, rightly I assume, that what the Dodgers mean by "give away" isn't really "give away." If they really wanted little to nothing for him, they could easily do that. But they aren't there yet.

Comment

Well it's obvious that the Dodgers have no idea how to motivate him to play to his abilities, so they might as well get what they can.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'd love for the Padres to take a shot at trading for him. By the time their draft classes are ready, his head should be right and with his talent......
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

He is going back in the auction in our NL only 5x5 12 team.

If he is still on the Dodger's team next year, what would you pay for him at auction?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              He is going back in the auction in our NL only 5x5 12 team.

If he is still on the Dodger's team next year, what would you pay for him at auction?
              I wouldn't pay anything for him.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The Marlins would take him in a heartbeat at the moment. I couldnt think of a better landing place for a Cuban who needs to get his head on straight or whatever. Then again, oh yeah, Don Mattingly hates the dude so scratch that shit.

Comment

The Dodgers have placed Puig on revocable trade waivers.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports reports Yasiel Puig has been claimed on waivers by an unknown team.
                    The Dodgers can now try to work out a trade with that team, though it seems unlikely to actually happen. If they want to deal him, they'd be better served waiting until the offseason when they can negotiate freely with all 29 other major league organizations. Puig, 25, is batting .369/.414/.631 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 18 games since his demotion to Triple-A Oklahoma City on August 2. He's owed around $25 million on a contract that runs through 2018.

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      This happens every year with countless players who are placed on revocable waivers and is pretty close to totally meaningless. There is almost no reason for a team not to put players on revocable waivers, since there is no risk associated with doing so.
                      Yep. It is every player except for some rare exceptions dealing with even more arcane sections of the rules.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Puig blows.

Comment

If the Dodgers truly wanted to give Puig away, now is their chance.

Friedman gave away Jaso for the rapist Lueke, so anything is possible

Comment

Indians just got Coco Crisp in a waiver deal.

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Yasiel Puig will remain with the Dodgers.
                              Puig was claimed on revocable trade waivers earlier this week by an unknown team, but time has run out for a deal to be completed. Puig, 25, is batting .348/.400/.594 with four home runs and 12 RBI in 19 games at Triple-A Oklahoma City since his August 2 demotion. Maybe he'll get another shot with the National League West-leading Dodgers in September.

C- J.McCann
                              1B-Cron
                              2B- Villar
                              SS- Andrus
                              3B-Baez
                              MI-L. Gurriel
                              CI- Y.Gurriel
                              UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                              X