Last minute deal time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute deal time

Approaching our deadline. Was offered $3 Jankowski (year 1) for $7 Lackey (year 2). NL only 5x5. I think I benefit more from SB but not sure. Need wins too.

With Renfroe and Margot in the wings, is Jankowski a keeper for 2017? He has serious wheels. But is he the CF or is Margot?

Hard to say...I think that Janikowski is going to be one of those Rajai Davis kind of guys who has value no matter if he's starting or not. If you need the bags for this season, stay the course...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      Hard to say...I think that Janikowski is going to be one of those Rajai Davis kind of guys who has value no matter if he's starting or not. If you need the bags for this season, stay the course...
      I have Lackey -- would acquire Jankowski. Given your comment is he a better bet than Lackey? Lackey is old but showing no signs of slowdown. Then again, Rajai Davis always has trade value.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        I have Lackey -- would acquire Jankowski. Given your comment is he a better bet than Lackey? Lackey is old but showing no signs of slowdown. Then again, Rajai Davis always has trade value.
        I got the deal backwards...sorry. Yes, I would make the deal if you need the bags more than the pitching stats. Speed always sells.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Jankowski keeps getting better and better. The Pads seems to have four pieces for three slots (Jankowski, Renfroe, Margot, Dickerson) so the fear is they deal one away. Which one? Beats me. Lackey just keeps cruising along.

Given a full year, I can easily see Jankowski with 50+ SBs. Plus, he's a Stony Brook alum!

Close call, but if you need the SBs more, do it.

Comment

Jon Jay back soon, who is probably still a better hitter, but older and more costly. I assume Pods would showcase him for a week and then move him, if that works re his contract post-July 31?
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Thanks all. Other owner decided not to do the deal at the end, so it became a moot point. Too bad. But Lackey looked good starting Sunday, so that's something. Feel free to post or PM me if I can return the favor.

Comment

Working...
              X