Caminero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caminero

So no team claimed him? Seems strange nobody wants someone with a high 90's fastball even if it comes with some control issues. Could turn out to be a steal for Seattle.

Per Rotoworld:

Mariners acquired RHP Arquimedes Caminero from the Pirates for a player to be named later.
    The hard-throwing right-hander is expected to work in a setup capacity for the M's and should help to absorb the loss of Steve Cishek.

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
    They traded for Caminero, so the waiver process wasn't used in the acquisition. It's possible someone would have or did put in a claim for him, but by trading for him it circumvents the waiver process and allows the M's to jump in front of the line. If they don't TRADE for him, he may have been claimed before the M's in the pecking order of waiver claims.
    In order for a player to be traded after the deadline, he has to be put on waivers -- you can't circumvent the process.

Either Caminero cleared which means be can be dealt to anyone or the Mariners put in a claim and the clubs worked out a deal. Once claimed, the original team can revoke the waivers, negotiate a deal within 2 days of the claim or just say bye-bye and let the team have him.

You can only go through the process once so if you pull him back or don't work out a deal, you can't deal the players again in season.

By going to Seattle, Caminero passed by all the NL clubs plus the AL clubs with a worse record than Seattle.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      By going to Seattle, Caminero passed by all the NL clubs plus the AL clubs with a worse record than Seattle.
      This was what I meant when I said "nobody claimed him?". How could he make it all the way to an American League team, let alone a team with a winning record?

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
        They traded for Caminero, so the waiver process wasn't used in the acquisition. It's possible someone would have or did put in a claim for him, but by trading for him it circumvents the waiver process and allows the M's to jump in front of the line. If they don't TRADE for him, he may have been claimed before the M's in the pecking order of waiver claims.
        I know Todd already explained it for you but if this was the case, why would MLB have a trade deadline?

Comment

Working...
        X