2K17: Andrew McCutchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K17: Andrew McCutchen

From a no brainer top 20 player, Cutch has fallen on hard times. He will be 30 years old before next season begins. What is his value going forward? Still top 50?

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I've done no homework, but no, he's no longer a Top 50 player in terms of '17 resources. It wouldn't shock me if he rebounded next season, but there's no reason to pay for that possibility on draft day. His speed is gone for good it seems.

Comment

Did anyone see this coming? It seems like his plate discipline disappeared overnight. His drop in stats perplex me as much as Revere. I don't think skills like his just disappears at the age of 29. Hidden injury or something in his life effecting his mental approach. His BB are the lowest in his career and K are the highest.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
        Did anyone see this coming? It seems like his plate discipline disappeared overnight. His drop in stats perplex me as much as Revere. I don't think skills like his just disappears at the age of 29. Hidden injury or something in his life effecting his mental approach. His BB are the lowest in his career and K are the highest.
        I warned a buddy of mine against drafting him 11th overall in a 16-tm redraft league because of his decline in SBs, but I did not foresee a total loss of overall batting skills. Maybe it's a one year blip, but I think his speed is gone after a 3-yr steep decline.

Comment

Players do get old remarkably quickly. That said, I wonder if it's something physical. His swing looks completely different from two years ago.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I was able to trade away McCutchen for David Price in my 6x6 keeper league. I happy as I needed a pitcher back. Hoping Price returns to form next year.
            Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I dumped him at 37-S1 more than a month ago for the 5-S2 (eventually) rights to Ozzie Albies, who I expect to be a regular for the Braves next season. Some rivals thought I sold way low.

.240 AVG, .236 xBA suggests this ain't just bad luck. $13 player who I suspect has a variety of chronic injuries. known to be one of the good guys, so all the more's the shame.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I dumped him at 37-S1 more than a month ago for the 5-S2 (eventually) rights to Ozzie Albies, who I expect to be a regular for the Braves next season. Some rivals thought I sold way low.

.240 AVG, .236 xBA suggests this ain't just bad luck. $13 player who I suspect has a variety of chronic injuries. known to be one of the good guys, so all the more's the shame.
                Funny how trades work out.

Comment

Lol, I wish you guys were as down on McCutcheon earlier when I asked about trading for him. Dealt a 1buck Bradley, Wellington and a 15 buck Vincent Velazquez for him......

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I warned a buddy of mine against drafting him 11th overall in a 16-tm redraft league because of his decline in SBs, but I did not foresee a total loss of overall batting skills. Maybe it's a one year blip, but I think his speed is gone after a 3-yr steep decline.
                    I haven't been a believer for a couple of years. It always seems that he just can't earn what it costs to get him. If I am going to pay top dollar I want a bopper with a little speed rather than a speed guy with a little pop.

I also warned one of my buddies not to go too hard after him in his new dynasty league.

Comment

McCutchen, Fielder, and Harvey have been my downfall this season. Thank Heaven for Ian Desmond, Aledmys Diaz and now Max Kepler.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Article on ESPN saying Cutch is having the worst season of an age 29 superstar since 1950:

Comment

Sounds about right.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Although he'll never be a top-10 player again, I could easily see him getting healthy from whatever's ailing him this year and putting up a .280 BA with 25 homers next year. It'll be interesting to see what his ADP is next year since by the numbers he shouldn't even be in the top-150 but with his reputation I don't see him falling out of the top 50. If he slips to pick 100 I would have a hard time passing on him but anywhere before that I would be quite wary.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              McCutchen, Fielder, and Harvey have been my downfall this season. Thank Heaven for Ian Desmond, Aledmys Diaz and now Max Kepler.

J
                              This is funny now. I won the league, largely because of McCutchen down the stretch. In any event, Cutch is a potential keeper.

BaseballHQ had tis to say about him:
                              A bit like Keuchel, McCutchen is doing all he can in August and September to end on a good note. Through 170 AB over that span, he’s put up a .288/.388/.494 slash line with 9 HR and 32 RBI, with plate-control skills (bb%, ct%) that best his most productive full seasons so far. Yes, the first four months were awful—whether is was due to his wrist injury or something else—but he’s shown late in the season that he still has it. Just 29 years old; he still has a couple superstar-level seasons in him. In a league that pays attention to the batting average and RBI dips of the full season, McCutchen has a chance to also have a hefty return on investment.

Does everyone agree? Is Cutch going to be a top 50 player again in 2017? Top 75?

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X