Opinions on my 2016 trades please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my 2016 trades please

There are 2 whiny crybabies in my league who think that i take advantage of other owners in trades. Mind you every owner in the league has been doing fantasy baseball for years.

13 team mixed...5x5... $300 budget..8 keepers

I traded:

May 29 I gave up A. SANCHEZ who is $1 keeper for C. Allen who is $18.

June 21 I gave up Pomeranz $1 for W. Contreras $1 and A. Miller $18

June 30 I gave up Mazara $1 for Cueto $28

July 26 I gave up Duvall $1 for Springer who cannot be kept

July 27 I gave up Arrieta $11, Ozuna $11and Kendrys $1 for JoFer cannot be kept, Miggy $51 and Nunez $1

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

I think non of them are unfair. I like what you did with the exception of July 27th.

Comment

They're fine

Comment

I don't see it.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The major gripe here is not the actual trades. But, the trade partner in question (farm team) who is the first to dump every year and seemingly refuses to deal with anyone except Mith and owner #2 for several years now. And these two owners have won the last 4 titles and have been in first and second place most of this season as well. Opinions please.
          Last edited by madducks; 08-05-2016, 03:28 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It does piss me off in some leagues when there are owners who are middle of the pack and don't announce to the league their intention to dump, and then end up with less than they would have otherwise received. Or owners who don't return a couple messages, and then out of the blue do a dump trade with someone else. Not sure how to legislate this though.

Comment

Adding....I don't blame you for doing the deals; I would blame the other guy, if it wasn't obvious from standings he was dumping, or if I had reached out to him a couple times and didn't hear any response.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                The major gripe here is not the actual trades. But, the trade partner in question (farm team) who is the first to dump every year and seemingly refuses to deal with anyone except Mith and owner #2 for several years now. And these two owners have won the last 4 titles and have been in first and second place most of this season as well. Opinions please.
                Some people are better salesman, some people are more proactive.

I sent the same email to the bottom 6 teams as our deadline was 2 weeks away. Only one replied. We made a deal.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

You made a trade with that team last year, so you're full of shit

Make him better offers then.

You offered him Urias, I offered Mazara. He liked Mazara more. Why do you have an issue with that?
                  Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-05-2016, 04:19 PM.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And this sums it up. Jealousy

9 other owners don't agree with you Ron.

Comment

Don't see anything wrong with the trades. Sounds like Mith stays on top of things and made some decent deals.

And for James I do understand your feelings on owners who do not return emails or announce they are dumping to the league but I think it is just part of the how fantasy sports goes. I actually think it kinda of mirrors real life teams. Some teams are real good on tradings others not so hot. It's not just your knowledge of the sport but having a skill in dealing with all kinds of personalities in making deals. But I do understand your frustration.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        And this sums it up. Jealousy

9 other owners don't agree with you Ron.
                        No that's wrong, i'm just explaining cause and effect.

Or they are afraid to make waves. Unlike you i don't run away when more than one person disagrees with me.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          You made a trade with that team last year, so you're full of shit

Make him better offers then.

You offered him Urias, I offered Mazara. He liked Mazara more. Why do you have an issue with that?
                          And i had to overpay for Abreu. The only reason he was made available to me is because you didn't want him. And 8 of his other 9 trades the last two seasons were with you and Rich.
                          Last edited by madducks; 08-05-2016, 09:50 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                            It does piss me off in some leagues when there are owners who are middle of the pack and don't announce to the league their intention to dump, and then end up with less than they would have otherwise received. Or owners who don't return a couple messages, and then out of the blue do a dump trade with someone else. Not sure how to legislate this though.
                            This.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                              Adding....I don't blame you for doing the deals; I would blame the other guy, if it wasn't obvious from standings he was dumping, or if I had reached out to him a couple times and didn't hear any response.
                              Yeah, i'm not blaming Mith or the other recipient of the sweet deals from the dumper even though Mith thinks i am.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X