• FAAB This Sunday

These players will be available for FAAB:

Matt Moore
    Rich Hill
    Josh Reddick
    Ivan Nova
    Jeff Samardzija
    Corey Knebel

This is a 10 team NL league 5x5. I have $50 left. For sure need starting pitcher and could use Reddick to replace Ben "Worthless" Revere. How much and any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Are there any keeper / contract implications?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Need to know how many of your competitors need starting pitching. If none, bid lower, of course. If all, go $40+.

Comment

I know he's been mediocre this year, but in a 10 team NL-only, how did Jeff Samardzija suddenly become available?

Comment

I'd probably go:

Rich Hill - $30
          Josh Reddick - $20
          Matt Moore - $15
          Jeff Samardzija - $15
          Ivan Nova - $7
          Corey Knebel - $3

Not sure how your bidding works but if you think you'll only get one, maybe go like $48 for Hill and bump up Reddick's dollar value as a backup bid. Moore and Samardzija should be serviceable but not necessarily difference makers while Nova and Knebel are mostly filler.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I'd probably go:

Rich Hill - $30
            Josh Reddick - $20
            Matt Moore - $15
            Jeff Samardzija - $15
            Ivan Nova - $7
            Corey Knebel - $3

Not sure how your bidding works but if you think you'll only get one, maybe go like $48 for Hill and bump up Reddick's dollar value as a backup bid. Moore and Samardzija should be serviceable but not necessarily difference makers while Nova and Knebel are mostly filler.
            The more important factor is how much everyone else has. Because I can't imagine, if teams have up to $100, that these bids wins these players.

Comment

we had 100 at the beginning of the season but you can bid 0 and still get someone if no one else bids

moore went for $97
              reddick went for $41 - I had bid $41 for no particular reason - DOH
              Rich Hill went for $50 - not sure what magic happened here but this is the same Rich Hill
              I just picked up Nova for $0
              knebel is still out there

10 team NL

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                Are there any keeper / contract implications?
                No. Any players won gets an automatic yr 2 contract with whatever the winning bid is. if you bid $40 on Moore he can be dropped after this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                  Need to know how many of your competitors need starting pitching. If none, bid lower, of course. If all, go $40+.
                  There are 4 teams in the race for the money spot covering 1st through 3rd. Team in 1st has $41 left, team in 2nd has $28, I'm in 3rd now and have $50, team in 4th has $30. it is also possible that 2 teams with $82 and 458 left might put a big bid in but I tend to think that will limit him in dealing as cap space becomes an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    There are 4 teams in the race for the money spot covering 1st through 3rd. Team in 1st has $41 left, team in 2nd has $28, I'm in 3rd now and have $50, team in 4th has $30. it is also possible that 2 teams with $82 and 458 left might put a big bid in but I tend to think that will limit him in dealing as cap space becomes an issue.
                    If ties go to the lowest in the standings it seems like a no brainer to bid $41 on Hill with a second bid of $41 on Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                      I know he's been mediocre this year, but in a 10 team NL-only, how did Jeff Samardzija suddenly become available?
                      1st place team dropped him because of his cap space when he made a trade last week. His salary was $25 but kept Gio Gonzalez instead as part of the trade at $23. Our cap is $400 which also includes 6 reserve spots but not the DL. He does have Kershaw on the DL who is $46. I'm assuming that he drops Gonzalez to create an extra $23 cap space then bid the $41 FAAB amount he has left. he cannot however bid on Samardzija because he just dropped him last Sunday and there is a 1 week rule that you cannot bid on a player you just dropped. I'm assuming he is going to bid the max or close to it for Hill. Just my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        If ties go to the lowest in the standings it seems like a no brainer to bid $41 on Hill with a second bid of $41 on Moore.
                        Tie does go to the lowest in the standings.

Comment

Ended up with Moore for $28.

Comment

Working...
                          X