• Show
Clear All

• 14 team H2H: Lead is down to one game

Current roster:

IF: BMcCann Encarnacion Zobrist Longoria Desmond Travis
    OF: Trumbo Hanley Gomez
    B: ADickerson Moncada
    P: Strasburg Kluber Lester Salazar Stroman Giolito Allen Dyson JGomez

I'm currently in first. Top 6 teams make the playoffs. The teams are the following # of games back: 1 13 15 16.5 18

What should I do to maintain my lead? Allen was the closer I felt was safe. Gomez could be dealt and Dyson supplanted by tomorrow.

Kimbrel, Rondon/Kintzler/Clippard, Colome/Papelbon, Casilla/Street/K-Rod are closers/candidates on lower teams. I could also wait and grab the replacements for closers who are dealt, as many set-up men are not rostered.

Strasburg is untouchable. Should I be willing to deal Trumbo, Giolito or Moncada? I can see keeping all 4 next year as late round keepers. Trumbo is probably the only one I can consider throwing back or trading but there is value in 30+ HR from your 19th round pick.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Why do you care about maintaining your lead? Is there a significant benefit to being the first seed instead of the second? It doesn't look like there's a big difference between the 5th and 6th teams...
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Why do you care about maintaining your lead? Is there a significant benefit to being the first seed instead of the second? It doesn't look like there's a big difference between the 5th and 6th teams...
      Top 4 finish in the money, top 6 make the playoffs (champion and runner up get paid).

In maintaining my lead I will also strengthen my team for the playoffs. Closer is my biggest need but I could also use speed and a SP upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
        $50 to reg season winner.
        $400 to playoff winner ($150 to runner up). So I know what my priority is now...

Comment

Working...
        X