Matt Kemp to the Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Kemp to the Braves

for Hector Olivera, who they likely will DFA once the deal is official.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    for Hector Olivera, who they likely will DFA once the deal is official.
    How much are the Padres eating

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
      They're sending $10m-$12m in the deal, but taking on Olivera's massive waste of a contract (about $50m left on it).

Comment

Originally posted by Hodor View Post
        Rotoworld says they're sending $10-12mil with him, covers "part of" his salary.
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

Like the deal for the Braves as they have plenty of $ to spend and its a terrible FA class. Plus the prospects they have are IF so they need someone to play the OF for next few years. Kemp has been on a decline but again the money has to go somewhere...

Comment

They're sending $10m-$12m in the deal, but taking on Olivera's massive waste of a contract (about $50m left on it).
            Where do you see that Olivera has $50 left on his contract. Ignoring this year, per RotoWorld he has $28.5M left over four years. There is a $1M option based on a specific injury so I'm ignoring that too. Based on saving that money and getting $10-$12M from SD Kemp will cost Atlanta about $25 over the next three years, also ignoring this year. Pretty good deal for them.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Where do you see that Olivera has $50 left on his contract. Ignoring this year, per RotoWorld he has $28.5M left over four years. There is a $1M option based on a specific injury so I'm ignoring that too. Based on saving that money and getting $10-$12M from SD Kemp will cost Atlanta about $25 over the next three years, also ignoring this year. Pretty good deal for them.
              Cots Baseball Contracts shows the Braves obligation to Olivera being $8.7m for this year, $10.7m next year, $11.2m in '18, $12.2m in '19, and $13.2m in '20. He signed a 6-yr, $62m contract in '15, so not sure where Rotoworld is getting their numbers from.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                This is why I always say, fans should never care about how much a player gets in a contract. SD is willing to eat 10-12 million on Kemp, and also 25+ million on Olivera, who they plan to just DFA from what I understand.

Money means nothing in MLB...which is why fans should be pissed when their teams don't spend it.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

who gets Kemp's ABs in SD?
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

just saw kemp in uni on the Padres bench so deal isnt official at this point.
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      just saw kemp in uni on the Padres bench so deal isnt official at this point.
                      The deal is pending a physical so once that is done trade announced.

Comment

Kemp is just getting the hugs and handshakes on the Pads bench, so it looks like the deal is done.
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I would think for SD OF it will be Dickerson Jankowski and Jay with either Margot or Renfroe being called up. Jay should be back soon so I imagine he'll be in the mix. For Atl Kemp, Inciarte and Markakis for now. Mallex comes back in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            who gets Kemp's ABs in SD?
                            Dickerson gets a slight bump, because he moves up the depth chart, even though he is already getting pretty regular ABs. I would guess that either Margot or Renfroe comes up before September.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it'll be Margot and Renfroe is eventually on the move to another team, either soon or in the off-season. My rationale for that is that Preller really seems to be the type of GM that covets HIS sorts of players (although I'm not sure what that is at this point) and Renfroe was signed before he got there and he wheeled and dealed to get Margot. Margot's success is a feather in his cap, Renfroe's is not so much. Just a theory.

Short term, both will likely be up in September. Kemp's departure probably moves one of them up.

Comment

So, after DFAing Olivera, the Padres end up spending $60-62 million and getting nothing in return? What am i missing? Or is this just something that small market fans will never understand?
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X