Cashner to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cashner to the Marlins

along with Colin Rea. Josh Naylor going to SD with others TBD.

Was hoping Naylor would get them someone like Sonny Gray....but I guess Cashner is OK

Comment

I don't see what the hubbub is for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        along with Colin Rea. Josh Naylor going to SD with others TBD.
        Castillo and cosart as well

Comment

And Carter Capps

Comment

Well, it looks like this deal will be reworked after Rea's elbow injury on Saturday. Good to see the Padres trying to make this right.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Source: #Marlins sending Rea back to #Padres but keeping Cashner. Rea left first start with MIA due to elbow injury.

Not yet sure how reworked #Marlins-#Padres deal will look. Told that MIA is “trading” Rea back to SD, keeping Cashner.

Comment

I just read Marlins getting Luis Castillo back for Rea.

Comment

Originally posted by Davros View Post
                Well, it looks like this deal will be reworked after Rea's elbow injury on Saturday. Good to see the Padres trying to make this right.
                I thinks its a terrible move by the Padres unless there was something wrong with Rea prior to the trade the the Padres withheld.

If the Padres really wanted Rea back great but taking back a guy who got hurt after the deal is foolish.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Rea is back to SD and the Marlins got one minor leaguer back (not Naylor, the other Luis Castillo)

what's weird to me is that I traded Kershaw last month just one day before the injury news came out. I felt bad, but hey, all sales final.

interesting that we are more cutthroat than these namby-pamby MLB GMs!
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    I thinks its a terrible move by the Padres unless there was something wrong with Rea prior to the trade the the Padres withheld.

If the Padres really wanted Rea back great but taking back a guy who got hurt after the deal is foolish.
                    It does seem that Rea's elbow injury might not have been a sudden one (they rarely are), so there was going to be a perception that the Padres front office knew about the potential for a blowout before the deal was made and were not fully upfront about it. If they didn't redo the deal, it seems likely that many other GMs would not trust them anytime soon for future trades. Even if they were completely unaware of any elbow issues with Rea, they did the correct thing in a PR aspect IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                    X