Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe in the "Fantasy gods"?

Superstition-wise?

I rarely, rarely will ever acknowledge that my team is doing well as I don't want to incur the wrath of the Fantasy baseball gods. I am very superstitious that talking smack about how good my team is doing will jinx my players big time and my team will cash and burn.

Nuts? Hell yeah!

Anyone else like this?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Nope.
      Do you win?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

This is the most stupid thing ever posted on this site.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I was gonna post the same thing, but I didn't want to risk upsetting the FBGs.

Comment

So none of you have superstitions in your life?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Says the guy who hasn't won the League since 2004 or 2005 So long ago i forget which year.

Comment

I don't talk shit because it's a long season and anything can happen. But if I win I certainly am not shy about celebrating
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  I don't talk shit because it's a long season and anything can happen. But if I win I certainly am not shy about celebrating
                  Sounds a little superstitious to me!

Comment

I once nearly had a pennant locked up but why take a chance so I dealt away a decent 10-unit young OF for a lame duck Andruw Jones who it turns out I didn't even need. other team the following spring should have kept.... Matt Holliday.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Can't say that I believe in the FBG's. As DMT said, it's a long season; most player performance is cyclical - you've got to take the lows with the highs. You may have an awesome performing team for a period of time but prepare yourself for some ugly numbers.
                      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

FBGs oh man I thought you were talking about the Fat Bottom Girls.

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                          Can't say that I believe in the FBG's. As DMT said, it's a long season; most player performance is cyclical - you've got to take the lows with the highs. You may have an awesome performing team for a period of time but prepare yourself for some ugly numbers.

Yep, when my team is batting .340 for the night I am glad but that is what they are "supposed" to do. I kind of zip right past it. When I am in the middle of a pennant race and they bat .048 for a night and .110 for the week, I kind of wonder what the heck? Could almost feel like something or someone is against me. But since I believe in one God and don't think he is mad enough at me to rig the whole AL against me without regard to all his other kids. I am reasonably sure it comes down to the law of large numbers.

I don't think I could purposely put together a team of 14 guys that would bat .048 in a given night. I seem to be able to do it without trying at least a couple of times a year. This year it might cost me the pennant.

Comment

Superstitious or not, I definitely believe in the karma.

It seems that every time an owner starts boasting or gloating, the injuries and slumps follow shortly after.

I am currently in 1st with a 14 point lead, and I am not uttering a word until the season is over.

Now I am hoping that this post does not send my team into a free fall.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                              FBGs oh man I thought you were talking about the Fat Bottom Girls.
                              When I see FBGs I think of Footballguys.com (Shark Pool Forum)

Comment

Working...
                              X