Trade offer (to win my league)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade offer (to win my league)

I was offered the following trade and was told by the other owner that if I accept it will win me the league.

I give

Arrieta - $11 in 2017
    Ozuna - $11 in 2017
    Kendrys Morales - $1 in 2017

I receive:

Jose Fernandez - cannot be kept
    Miggy - $51 in 2017
    Nunez - $1 in 2017

I'm not sure this will help me this year, in addition to giving up the keepers.
    I can gain only 1 point in SB rest of season.
    I have Santana at 1b now and how much will Miggy outperform him as it seems to be a somewhat down year for Miggy.
    Replacing Arrieta with JoFer doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade.

I don't think it really helps enough to make the deal.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Tempting, but I'd pass as well.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Good, solid offer, but I'm passing on it.

Comment

Thanks guys.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

It clearly improves you, if you can somehow start Miggy over Ozuna instead of over Santana (is there no roster manipulation/utility spots taht allow that for you?). Ozuna has been in a tailspin, and Arrieta is going through a rough patch as well. I also like Nunez over Morales. It is an overpay, given Arrieta's long term value (Ozuna has value too, but he is easily replaceable), and I agree it doesn't make sense if you can't fit Miggy in your line up without taking out Santana or someone equally good.

If you are really all in to win it this year, I wouldn't flat reject it. I'd try to see if I could get the upgrades that actually make sense for my team, if he has that available to you. Its a good first offer in the abstract, but maybe he didn't' realize your specific team needs. Maybe there is room to get what you really need to improve significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            It clearly improves you, if you can somehow start Miggy over Ozuna instead of over Santana (is there no roster manipulation/utility spots taht allow that for you?). Ozuna has been in a tailspin, and Arrieta is going through a rough patch as well. I also like Nunez over Morales. It is an overpay, given Arrieta's long term value (Ozuna has value too, but he is easily replaceable), and I agree it doesn't make sense if you can't fit Miggy in your line up without taking out Santana or someone equally good.

If you are really all in to win it this year, I wouldn't flat reject it. I'd try to see if I could get the upgrades that actually make sense for my team, if he has that available to you. Its a good first offer in the abstract, but maybe he didn't' realize your specific team needs. Maybe there is room to get what you really need to improve significantly.
            Thanks. League has 2 UTIL spots so I could slide Miggy into one of those .

Comment

Working...
            X