Thoughts on trade offer please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on trade offer please.

13 team mixed, 4x4. Mith and madducks are in the league also. My team is currently in 4th place due to a post all star break surge by my staff, as I picked up 13 points. There are 6 other teams within 13 points of me, so it's very close. I'm 11.5 points out of third. Here is my roster:
    Wieters
    Joseph
    Odor,LeMahieu
    Villar,Suarez
    Frazier
    Stanton,K Davis,Sano,Granderson,Gardner,Eaton,Bautista (DL)

Archer,Kluber,CMart,Carrasco,Shoemaker,DeSclafani, Tanaka,McCullers,Colon,Cingrani,Brach

First base is a black hole, and has been since Duda went down. I need RBIs badly - only 2 points. ER, WHIP, and Ks are good.
    I was offered Ortiz,Segura,Tomlin,Price and Garcia for Joseph ($1 next year),Odor ($14),CMart ($6),Carrasco ($11), and Tanaka ($18). These 3 have my best ERA and WHIP - I'm concerned that that bump in RBIs and SBs would be offset by a rise in ERA, etc. I'm also projected to finish about 40 IP above our 1500 maximum. I'm torn. Thoughts please? Thanks.
    I

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
    13 team mixed, 4x4. Mith and madducks are in the league also. My team is currently in 4th place due to a post all star break surge by my staff, as I picked up 13 points. There are 6 other teams within 13 points of me, so it's very close. I'm 11.5 points out of third. Here is my roster:
    Wieters
    Joseph
    Odor,LeMahieu
    Villar,Suarez
    Frazier
    Stanton,K Davis,Sano,Granderson,Gardner,Eaton,Bautista (DL)

Archer,Kluber,CMart,Carrasco,Shoemaker,DeSclafani, Tanaka,McCullers,Colon,Cingrani,Brach

First base is a black hole, and has been since Duda went down. I need RBIs badly - only 2 points. ER, WHIP, and Ks are good.
    I was offered Ortiz,Segura,Tomlin,Price and Garcia for Joseph ($1 next year),Odor ($14),CMart ($6),Carrasco ($11), and Tanaka ($18). These 3 have my best ERA and WHIP - I'm concerned that that bump in RBIs and SBs would be offset by a rise in ERA, etc. I'm also projected to finish about 40 IP above our 1500 maximum. I'm torn. Thoughts please? Thanks.
    I
    Yeah, I don't think that this deal does enough for you...Odor is a surprisingly decent source of steals, so I don't see Segura as a huge upgrade. I don't know the prices on Tomlin and Price, but a 6 buck CMart and an 11 buck Carrasco should fetch more, IMO.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

What Garcia? Avasail? Jaime? Adonis? Jerry?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        What Garcia? Avasail? Jaime? Adonis? Jerry?
        Jaime

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I get an inordinate amount of joy out of you doing this all the time. Keep up the good work, kind sir.
          LOL. If someone is going to be unclear, we have to make it clear!

In regards to the offer, I'd pass. Ortiz is nice (does he qualify at 1B?), but Price has royally underperformed and the others don't make up the difference in the price you're paying.

Comment

I guess it's the Touch of Grey causing the lack of clarity.

Comment

I wouldn't give up my three best pitchers for Ortiz and an inconsistent Price.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Yeah, I don't think that this deal does enough for you...Odor is a surprisingly decent source of steals, so I don't see Segura as a huge upgrade. I don't know the prices on Tomlin and Price, but a 6 buck CMart and an 11 buck Carrasco should fetch more, IMO.
                What he said. I think Odor is up to 18 HR too.

That being said, it's not a horrible offer. There's something to negotiate from if the other manager is willing to do so.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I made 2 counters which were quickly rejected.

Comment

Working...
                  X