Trading for Keepers...but who..???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for Keepers...but who..???

So my season is pretty much over. Figure it's time to try to trade for some keepers for next season. 13 team 5x5 mixed. Guys have 3 year contracts when drafted or added as free agent. Kluber is my top guy to trade. What guys should I be targeting for him that would be keeper worthy? I also have J. Bautista that I would trade.

In a shallowish league like that with only 3-year contracts (I assume no extensions?) I would just try to unload all my expiring contracts for the best keeper you can get. Are there no player salaries either?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
      In a shallowish league like that with only 3-year contracts (I assume no extensions?) I would just try to unload all my expiring contracts for the best keeper you can get. Are there no player salaries either?
      No extensions. Kluber is $3 in his last year, and Bautista is $40 with 2 years after this season. O also have Hosmer at $21 and Cespedes $27 both with 2 years after this season. (Are they keeper worthy?) Someone inquired about Kluber. Best his team seems to have to offer is Villar at $1 and Gurriel $3 both with 2 years after this season. Can I do better?

Comment

Originally posted by urch420 View Post
        No extensions. Kluber is $3 in his last year, and Bautista is $40 with 2 years after this season. O also have Hosmer at $21 and Cespedes $27 both with 2 years after this season. (Are they keeper worthy?) Someone inquired about Kluber. Best his team seems to have to offer is Villar at $1 and Gurriel $3 both with 2 years after this season. Can I do better?
        Some in here do not have faith in villar. @ $1, in a shallow league, I don't think you can get better, can you ?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
          Some in here do not have faith in villar. @ $1, in a shallow league, I don't think you can get better, can you ?
          I wouldn't give up 2 years & 2 months of a $1 player leading the majors in SBs at a premium position for 2 months of Kluber.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            I wouldn't give up 2 years & 2 months of a $1 player leading the majors in SBs at a premium position for 2 months of Kluber.
            Would Lamb for Kluber and someone with pop be fair? (Don't know if he's even available)

Comment

I like Cespedes as a keeper.

You cannot do better than a $1 Villar for expiring Kluber. Pull the trigger now.

Comment

Would Lamb for Kluber and someone with pop be fair? (Don't know if he's even available)
                I dunno. You're at a point where the acquirer may just stick with what he has because there's not much time left in the season. Kluber has what, 12-13 more starts? Who would he be replacing?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  I like Cespedes as a keeper.

You cannot do better than a $1 Villar for expiring Kluber. Pull the trigger now.
                  That guy didn't offer Villar though.

Comment

It's hard for me to gauge value in that size league but my advice would be to just figure out which guys you want then ask their owners what it would take to get them. Kluber is a nice starting point and I wouldn't flinch at including Cespedes or Hosmer at those prices either - they seem to be at marginally keeperish prices but not nearly as much value as you're hoping to get back.

Comment

Sounds like he will be willing to do Villar and a ss either Escobar or Castro for villar

Comment

Working...
                      X