Challenge trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Challenge trade?

I was offered Starling Marte $40 for Paul Goldschmidt $49. NL only 5x5. Both will be option year in 2017. I stand to gain a handful of points in SB. But I'm not a real contender in 2016. I like Marte but 1B is so shallow; the dropoff from Goldy to ___ (Mark Reynolds?) is severe.

Should I jump on this offer? Wait?

Why are you trying to improve? To finish 4th? 6th? I'd hold Goldy and trade him for something that helps you in 2017.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Why are you trying to improve? To finish 4th? 6th? I'd hold Goldy and trade him for something that helps you in 2017.
      Fair question. I'm in 4th. Could pick up a ton of points with just 5 or 6 SB. I am not all in, but don't have a lot of ammo for 2017 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        Fair question. I'm in 4th. Could pick up a ton of points with just 5 or 6 SB. I am not all in, but don't have a lot of ammo for 2017 anyway.
        Goldy will probably get those. I think I'd look for a cheaper source of speed. Kick the tires on Villar? He should come at a discount right now.

Comment

Goldy will probably get those. I think I'd look for a cheaper source of speed. Kick the tires on Villar? He should come at a discount right now.
          Why would Villar come at a discount now? He is 5 for 20 with 4 sbs in his last 5 games.

Comment

As others above have said, I would keep Goldy and try my luck at buying some cheap speed, especially if some team has a significant cushion in SBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Why would Villar come at a discount now? He is 5 for 20 with 4 sbs in his last 5 games.
              NL Only.

Comment

NL Only.
                We get the stats if someone changes leagues. But they are a dead contract at the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                X