Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Villar - Will the Brewers keep him or trade him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Villar - Will the Brewers keep him or trade him?

Any read on whether MIL will keep or trade Villar? They have Arcia coming, but presumably could slide Villar to 2B or 3B. I'm wondering because I've been offered Villar in our NL league. Not sure if he will be in the NL next year. Any thoughts?

It makes sense to keep him, but if they can do what SD did with Pomeranz, then who knows?

Comment

To me it would also make sense to hold on to Villar, Smith and Jeffress unless some team is willing to give them an offer they cannot refuse. I would think moving Lucroy, Braun and Carter would make more sense to their organization.

Comment

Key point: David Stearns will trade anyone for the right return. As a Brewer fan, I like him as GM since the plan is clear and some progress is being made. As a fantasy baseball owner, he'll make you tear your hair out since you'll probably figure out women before figuring out Stearns next deal.

That being said, I'd rate Villar's chances of being dealt as low. He's still young, has positional flexibility, and will still deliver a lot of value even if his BABIP normalizes to a level compatible with his LD rate and speed.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
        X