Too many Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many Arms

A similar question, but regarding by pitching.

I had to scramble after losing Rosenthal and Rodeny so I grabbed quite a few speculative arms.

These are my starters:

Bumgardner
    Price
    Pomeranz

closers

Jeffress
    Maurer

I'm slotting in

Betances
    Wisler
    D Alverez
    R Butcher

That's been good for K's and rations but I'm lagging in Wins and saves.

The arms on my bench are:

Smyly
    Gio Gonzales
    C Reed
    Perdomo
    W Smith.

I grabbed Smith thinking he was jefress handcuff but now consensus is Thornberg, so i'm vulnerable. Smyly and Gio have potential to right the ship, but I risk ratios if I start them. Reed and Perdomo have potential down the road, but what's their worth? Both are a buck and good to keep for 2 more years.

I'v thought about dealing Jeffress $1b for a solid closer and starter.

Tryng to make the right moves at crunch time...........

Thoughts please.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Could you really get anything for Jeffress now that he's been bandied around in trade rumors? I'd be surprised if someone would part with as much as you want.

Comment

Yeah, I doubt anyone would trade for Jeffress as a keeper right now.

Not sure there's much you can do here other than trade one of your studs for 2-3 solid pitchers just so you have more quantity. Not sure why you're holding onto Perdomo, he isn't even owned in my 11-team NL-only.

Comment

I just traded jeffress for pomeranz in rjel so there are people who might take the risk

Comment

Working...
        X