BN- CReed $5
    BN- Ventura $15
    Min- Benintendi $10
    Min- Fulmer $10
    Min- JHader $10
    Min- Newcombe $10

6x6 - AVG, HR, R, RBI, K-BB, SB-CS and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP
    keep 6 ML and 4 MiL - ML salaries go up $3 first 3 years, $6 after

What kind of return should I be wanting for Bogaerts?

I've tried offering up Newcombe/Fulmer/Reed/Manaea/Gray but nobody wants them. The prospects at $10 are worthless, so should I dump them? The top FA pitchers - Gallardo, De La Rosa, Hutchinson, Bettis, Miley, Duffey, Weaver, Chen, Nova, Volquez.

Is Harvey worth keeping? I traded Altuve for Harvey and Swanson, but with Harvey now done, is he worth keeping on the roster? I don't see him being worth it.

I'm tempted to quit the league because I've been building and building but have never cashed in 15 years in this league. Everyone says I have great keepers, but outside of Harper and Trout, I don't see anything near a contending team. I'd greatly appreciate any help from the RJ crew.

Altuve would have been nice to keep on roster, neither the destroyed Harvey or the farm $10 Swanson have any substantial value in this 15 team format, so you weakened yourself there. Please do not trade Bogaerts if you may be leaving the league, as the team is basically the awesome Bogaerts/Harper/Trout as the draw imo for new owner.

Comment

Hosmer is at about value. I like Herrera for $1.

Step away from Harvey. Sorry 'bout how that trade worked out for ya.

Outside of your two bold-faced prospects I don't see much to like. Possibly Albies.

I'd lean towards keeping Bogaerts unless you're simply blown away by an offer. Trout/Harper/Bogaerts is a VERY solid core. Hosmer will help build that firm foundation.
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

How many teams in your league?

Man that pitching staff is horrible.

But with only team keeping 6 I think you are in damn fine shape for next year.

With Trout, Harper and Bogaerts you have three studs. Hosmer is a solid keeper. Harrison isn't bad. And maybe Moore with the hopes he puts it together in some way. Schwarber is a thought too if he qualifies at catcher.

I would not quit if I owned both Trout and Harper. Just concentrate on getting a few more studs at the draft, especially a stud SP.

And why the hell did you trade Altuve!!!! Horrible trades like that are why you never win dude!!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          How many teams in your league?

Man that pitching staff is horrible.

But with only team keeping 6 I think you are in damn fine shape for next year.

With Trout, Harper and Bogaerts you have three studs. Hosmer is a solid keeper. Harrison isn't bad. And maybe Moore with the hopes he puts it together in some way. Schwarber is a thought too if he qualifies at catcher.

I would not quit if I owned both Trout and Harper. Just concentrate on getting a few more studs at the draft, especially a stud SP.

And why the hell did you trade Altuve!!!! Horrible trades like that are why you never win dude!!

Yeah, that was my first thought.

That Altuve deal is a killer -- I get that you may have wanted to upgrade this staff, but if you claim a $10 prospect is worthless, then man, you needed a lot more in that deal. That sucks.

$260 cap? At this point I would just keep your studs - Trout, Harper, Hosmer, Schwarber, Bogaerts. Most of the rest of your team is replacement level or worse.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Yeah, that was my first thought.

That Altuve deal is a killer -- I get that you may have wanted to upgrade this staff, but if you claim a $10 prospect is worthless, then man, you needed a lot more in that deal. That sucks.

$260 cap? At this point I would just keep your studs - Trout, Harper, Hosmer, Schwarber, Bogaerts. Most of the rest of your team is replacement level or worse.
            I'd keep manaea too.

Comment

In-season $400 cap. 15-team league.

$10 pitching prospects are worthless because they're $13 next year if they surpass the rookie requirements, compared to $4 if they're $1 this year. It baffles me how they think, because I think they all have value.

I've been shopping Altuve/Harper/Trout for a month. The type of offers I get, everyone here says I should get more. Yet when I make counters, I get ridiculed by the other owners.

Schwarber won't qualify at C, so he's going back in the pile. I've had nibbles on Harrison, but again the RJ crowd says the offers I get are bad.

Comment

Egads? Why would you ever shop Harper and Trout at those prices?

You'll NEVER get a decent return. I've been a Trout owner since 2010. The number of trade proposals I've had for him over all those years are too many to count - not once have I ever even thought that I've had an offer that should be considered fair.

What kind of return are you looking for? What would even be fair for you? You may get ridiculed when you counter after they see what you got in return for Altuve.

Step away from the ledge .... STOP shopping Trout and Harper.
                "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

In such a shallow league, with so few keepers, the goal would be to keep or accumulate the reasonable cost Trout/Harper/Altuve/Bogaerts, and offer 2 for 1's or 3 for 1's to get such players, as the fa pool is vast relative to your leagues size. If you were in say a 12 tm NL with 10 major league keepers and 8 farm, with farm players keepable for $5 for years, which is what my league, 12TO is, then you can realistically look to trade say a $50 Harper if you are getting back a $5 Bryant and $5 Seager ($5 for next few years), or a combination of gem farm pieces, because inflation will be nuts, fa pool is zilch, and farm stars are very valuable.

Your league is opposite, shallow, with few keepers, and such a high farm price that those players arent worth anything, and so you dont have tons of value being sucked in by cheap keepers, so no crazy inflation. Reasonable cost, as in under $50 Harper or Trout,never mind $25 Trout or Harper (or Altuve) should never be traded.

Comment

Working...
                  X