Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaints about this trade.

13 team mixed...5x5...$300 budget..8 keepers

Team A sends Mazara who is $1 in 2017, $6 in 2018 and $11 in 2019 (Team is in 1st place)

Team B sends Cueto who is $29 in 2017, $34 in 2018 and $39 in 2019 (Team is in 12th place)

Anything to complain about?

Thanks!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Nope. If anything, Mazara probably should have netted more than Cueto.

Comment

I remember how bad cueto was in the a.l. but he is productive in the n.l. Mazara has nice potential to be at least average productive. Cheap contract, seems like a future for present trade straight out of the book, nothing to complain about...

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Agree with this. Could be the best pitcher he could have netted for Mazara, though. Tough to tell with league dynamics. I'm in a similar position in one of my leagues - I'm absolutely stacked in hitting, need pitching badly, but there's little to be had. I'll have to overpay for a good SP and a closer with a pulse.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Agree with this as well. This seems like more of a "rejoice!" trade if I'm sitting in 2nd or 3rd place; happy the 1st place team didn't get more for his keeper.

Regardless of who is involved, I sometimes get annoyed when, say, the 5th place team does a dump trade without letting others know, but not annoyed enough to complain. This case: the 1st place team and 12th place team make a trade - nobody can be surprised the 12th place team is dumping and the 1st place team isn't.

Comment

I would have wanted more for Mazara, since this season they are similar in value, but Mazara has tons of implied value with his low future price.

Still, not terrible if a SP puts 1st place over the hump.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I disagree with the consensus that Mazara should have netted more than Cueto in a 13 team mixed league with only 8 keepers. It is pretty easy to find a strong set of 8 keepers in a 13 team mixed league and while Mazara looks great, I don't think he is a true difference maker in a shallower league. Meanwhile, Cueto is a difference maker in a race for the crown this year.

That said, I do think it is a fair trade, and those who complain about it are just stomping sour grapes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I disagree with the consensus that Mazara should have netted more than Cueto in a 13 team mixed league with only 8 keepers. It is pretty easy to find a strong set of 8 keepers in a 13 team mixed league and while Mazara looks great, I don't think he is a true difference maker in a shallower league. Meanwhile, Cueto is a difference maker in a race for the crown this year.

That said, I do think it is a fair trade, and those who complain about it are just stomping sour grapes.
                jesus, what MORE than Cueto would people want?
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  jesus, what MORE than Cueto would people want?
                  Yeah, I mean, Cueto has been an absolute stud this year in San Fran. If I were the guy with Mazara, I'd be pretty stoked I Cueto for him in a 1 for 1 swap.

But again, it is certainly not a deal that should get league complaints one way or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Yeah, I mean, Cueto has been an absolute stud this year in San Fran. If I were the guy with Mazara, I'd be pretty stoked I Cueto for him in a 1 for 1 swap.

But again, it is certainly not a deal that should get league complaints one way or the other.
                    This.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                    X