Arrieta lost his shine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrieta lost his shine?

He has really struggled the last month. Will he right the ship the 2nd half? Is he still keeper gold at $11 for 2017?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

yes at $11

I think both RH and LH were swinging at a ton of balls due to that unconventional "I seem to be looking into the stands but am pitching to you" motion. an offseason of analysis told them to lay off - and look at the BB numbers since
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Should have sold high. I see a DL stint in his future.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Should have sold high. I see a DL stint in his future.
        Or buy low opp.

Comment

Last 5 starts not so great but then it's hard to keep up a below 2.00 ERA all season. Interesting that Madducks sees a DL stint. I know he is 30 yrs but last season was the first time he pitched over 200 IP and that represented about 72 IP increase from 2015. Have to think this is just a mini-slump and that he'll work it out I wouldn't worry too much yet about him as a $11 keeper for next season.

Comment

Hmm..maybe I was correct in thinking I should have dealt him?
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Hmm..maybe I was correct in thinking I should have dealt him?
              Because he allowed 4 runs and 7 H+BB in 6 innings last night?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Because he allowed 4 runs and 7 H+BB in 6 innings last night?
                No. Because he has been pretty pathetic for well over a month.

His last 30 days: 6.14 ERA and 1.43 WHIP.

So what's his excuse?

Comment

No. Because he has been pretty pathetic for well over a month.

His last 30 days: 6.14 ERA and 1.43 WHIP.

So what's his excuse?
                  ???

You posted this thread on July 9th, and he's had two start since then:
                  13 IP
                  10 H
                  5 ER
                  3 BB
                  14 K

3.46 ERA
                  1.00 WHIP
                  9.7 K/9

What's the problem?

Comment

???

You posted this thread on July 9th, and he's had two start since then:
                    13 IP
                    10 H
                    5 ER
                    3 BB
                    14 K

3.46 ERA
                    1.00 WHIP
                    9.7 K/9

What's the problem?
                    The problem is his last month. And he's had one very good start and one mediocre start since i posted. You don't think that's an issue?

Comment

The problem is his last month. And he's had one very good start and one mediocre start since i posted. You don't think that's an issue?
                      Not at all. You don't seem to understand that baseball players go through ups and downs and don't put up weeks/months of the exact same stats. How's Justin Turner working out for you?

Comment

Not at all. You don't seem to understand that baseball players go through ups and downs and don't put up weeks/months of the exact same stats. How's Justin Turner working out for you?
                        I understand but thanks for the suggestion. I didn't realize that I was the only baseball fan in America wondering about Arrieta.

As for Turner, I assume you have never dropped a player that later turns it on? You're a genius!!! Do you get paid for your fantasy awesomeness?

Comment

I tuned into the game late, Cubs down 4-1. The announcers said that Arrieta had a good game. One pitch made the difference (3 run hr). That pitch 1/2 inch either way and he is out of the inning. 1/2 inch higher on the barrel of the bat and it is a routine fly out. 1/2 inch lower routine ground ball. He went on to say that many will be asking tomorrow what is wrong with Jake Arrieta? Nothing. He pitched a good game and a professional hit a home run off of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I tuned into the game late, Cubs down 4-1. The announcers said that Arrieta had a good game. One pitch made the difference (3 run hr). That pitch 1/2 inch either way and he is out of the inning. 1/2 inch higher on the barrel of the bat and it is a routine fly out. 1/2 inch lower routine ground ball. He went on to say that many will be asking tomorrow what is wrong with Jake Arrieta? Nothing. He pitched a good game and a professional hit a home run off of him.
                            Yeah he did pitch a good game, but lost and gave up 4 runs. And he's pitched quite a few bad games lately.

Comment

Yeah he did pitch a good game, but lost and gave up 4 runs. And he's pitched quite a few bad games lately.
                              All pitchers have a few bad games per year. Even the great healthy Kershaw will throw a stinker once in a while. The issue with guys like Arrieta and Kershaw is that the set the bar very high for fans and fantasy baseball players.

Comment

Working...
                              X