Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I traded a $7 carrasco and I am the one dumping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I traded a $7 carrasco and I am the one dumping...

Strange dynamics in my 12 team only this season so I ended up making a dump deal in which I give up my $7 carrasco, contract expiring after 2017.

In return, I received $5 correa (option next spring, probably going to go $15=3 years total), prospect Benintendi, and first year contract $1 Dan Norris (this guy was injured last season with an oblique strain, the same thing happened in his first start with my squad a few days ago, but not arm/shoulder related...fyi: after the 2014 season, in which he struck out 163 in 124 innings, sickels had him as the #3 pitcher prospect and b.a. had him as #18 overall).

I have a couple of cheap pitching contracts (cobb $4A...Skaggs 1B). Of course, those two are nothing to pin your hopes on but they are cheap enough to be a start.

Anyhow, three years of correa, at least two years of Norris, several years of benintendi for one year of carrasco. Pickings are slim, would you have done this trade if dumping ?

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Wait, you gave up just Carrasco for all that? Damn, even just getting Correa back alone would have been a coup, imo. Amazing deal for you.
    There were a couple of other parts included...mike fiers and trevor plouffe. and we exchanged my upton for his often injured souza.

4 for 4

I hope correa improves a little more in 2017 after almost two full seasons in Houston
    Last edited by wannabegriffey; 07-08-2016, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
      There were a couple of other parts included...mike fiers and trevor plouffe. and we exchanged my upton for his often injured souza.

4 for 4

I hope correa improves a little more in 2017 after almost two full seasons in Houston
      Which Upton? Justin? melvin? Kate? Sinclair?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Which Upton? Justin? melvin? Kate? Sinclair?
        a.l. only...thus, justin

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Wait, you gave up just Carrasco for all that? Damn, even just getting Correa back alone would have been a coup, imo. Amazing deal for you.
          Agreed. This is the year to get Correa. He was dealt in one of my leagues for a somewhat better, but still pretty thin, return.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X