Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halfway home...team report

Of course I'm posting because my team is doing well

Sitting in 1st place in a 13 team mixed 5x5 league. Madducks and Mag7 are in this league.

I have 111 points, 60 in hitting and 51 in pitching. 2nd place has 92 and 3rd place has 88. I do not expect this large lead to last as i can't really assume the players having breakout years will continue to do so.

The good :
    1. Kershaw, Arrieta and Salazar have anchored my SP. But Kershaw is injured and Arrieta has looked shaky of late.
    2. Altuve, Carpenter, Ozuna, Marte have all been solid to excellent.
    3. Waiver pickups have been golden. Duvall, Mazara, Pomeranz, Santana, Morales, Schoop, Wil Harris.

The Bad:
    Not much frankly other than injuries to JD Martinez, Fowler and of course Kershaw.
    Dropping Villar right before he went stat crazy. Dropping Melvin Upton as i could really use his SB's

I have made 3 trades:

Mazara for Cueto - Mazara is a $1 keeper, but I needed another solid SP when Kershaw went down.
    Aaron Sanchez for Cody Allen - Sanchez is also a $1 keeper, but I needed a closer
    Pomeranz for W. Contreras and A. Miller - Not sure I really like this deal, but the two i received have been solid and they both are at very good keeper prices.

I have JD Martinez, Fowler, Ryu and Alex Cobb so I hope they can all contribute in a positive manner when they return to action.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

DOA

http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...hlight=anatomy

short version:
    in retrospect, McCutchen 37, DGordon 20, and Hoover 10 didn't work out so well as keepers, lol, nor did spending 11 on RHoward or 8 on CCrawford.
    you know it's bad when you are struggling even with a healthy Kershaw and Greinke - but the good part is that when they go on the DL together, it doesn't even matter to your hopes!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

26th season - 10 team, NL Only 4x4 league.

Currently in 1st place with 61.5 points (2nd place has 52 points).
      1st in SB and BA
      2nd in ERA and WHIP
      3rd in HR and RBI
      7th in saves
      T7th in wins

The Good:
      Hitting .2796 as a team
      Daniel Murphy
      Wil Myers
      Aledmys Diaz
      Yangervis Solarte
      Starling Marte
      Odubel Herrera
      Trevor Story
      Chase Utley
      Carlos Martinez
      Stephen Strasburg
      Seung-hwan Oh
      Kyle Hendricks
      Baseball HQ league projections have me winning by 12 points with 66.

The Bad:
      JJ Hoover
      Rodney traded out of closer role
      Strasburg on the DL for 7 days cost me his no-hitter through 6+ in my weekly transaction league.

1 trade: Received Blackmon and Jensen for Story and Neris.

Comment

1st by 11 in my 12 team AL only 5x5.

9th in my 12 team NL only 5x5. Injuries ave killed me and I have started rebuilding a month ago.

11th in my first year of Idle Hands 16 team mixed keeper league.

Comment

H2H Mixed 1/14
          Mixed AFA 5/12
          AL 5x5 12/12

So, a little bit of everything. I already dumped in the AL league.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I'm in two NL leagues. One 4x4 and the other 5x5. Both teams in 2nd. Not too bad after sitting out last year.

Comment

I'm firmly in the playoffs in my H2H league. I have Ryu, Wheeler, and King Felix coming off DL in the second half. I just need to find a 3B that can carry Adrian Beltre's jock.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Last, dumped already. My pitching was an utter disaster, my hitting had too many slow starters, and I had too many injuries, especially in the OF.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I've had a fortunate run thus far.

1st in 10-team 5x5 NL-only keeper league; 16 point lead over second place (2nd-5th place separated by four points).

The Good - Rizzo, G. Polanco, Villar, VV, Strasburg, and Pomeranz.
                  The Bad - injuries to Schwarber and D. Peralta. Michael Taylor.
                  Trades - Traded Schwarber(B-$5), JP Crawford(Farm, $5), and Cashner(A) for a last year Kenley Jansen (I didn't draft any saves). Two weeks ago I traded Villar (A-$10), Hechavarria(B-$1), H. Neris(A-$10), & H. Bailey(A-$1) in a dump deal for Justin Turner(A-$15), and two last year players - A. Gonzalez and Melancon.

1st in 11 team 5x5 (Svs+Hlds replaces Saves), AL-only keeper league; currently have a 14 point lead.

The Good - an embarrassment of riches ... David Ortiz, Machado, Trout, Correra, VMart, C. Santana, Mazara, Sal Perez, Price, Sam Dyson, Carlos Carrasco, Danny Salazar.
                  The Bad - Michael Brantley, Omar Infante, and Carlos Gomez. Garrett Richards' injury.
                  The trades .... I've been busy.
                  1) I traded Aaron Hicks (A,$6), J. Zimmerman(A,$16), and Hosmer(A,$26) for Carlos Santana(A,$7), Chapman(A,$21), Mark Canha(B,$11 - I immediately dumped) and a 2017 first round farm pick.
                  2) Right after Richards got hurt I needed to pick up K's. I traded Chapman and Richards(last year) for David Price(last year) and a 2017 first round farm pick.
                  3) I inquired about David Ortiz .... the other owner offered Ortiz(A,$does it matter?) for Carlos Gomez and Billy Butler(A, $10). I couldn't hit "accept" quickly enough!
                  4) I traded B. Cecil(A, $1) for Jed Lowrie(A,$10). Both were on the DL. As soon as Lowrie was activated I cut Infante. Four days later KC followed suit.
                  5) I traded Iwakuma(A,$14) for Jose Quintana(last year).
                  6) I traded D. Valencia(A, $6) and C. Young(A,$10) for R. Davis(B, $16). The guy who had Davis has a large lead in steals and I need some.

I won this league last year. If I win this year I will be the first repeat winner since 1997-98. It's a VERY competitive league with multiple league members winning national events.

My rotisserie "goal" has been to win both of these "only" leagues in the same year. I've won multiple championships in the same year, but always one of these "only" leagues and the standard Yahoo! or ESPN public and private mixed leagues. I'm currently well-positioned, but I know better than counting on wins with more than two months left to play.
                  "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                  "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                  WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                  PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Working...
                  X