Austin Hedges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Hedges

8 HR and 22 RBI in his last ten games with a .486 average. My knowledge is very limited on this guy but this seasons power seems like it has come out of nowhere. Is this just a blip or is Hedges ready to become an offensive force in the near future?
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

As stated, Hedges is considered a great defensive catcher, but until lately a suspect bat. It's easy to forget he was hitting pretty well in spring and that he's hit for Avg before in the minors, but the power, that's new. Yes the PCL is noted for great offensive numbers, but I think it's Austin's new approach at the plate that's contributed to the surge. I don't at all think he'll become the top fantasy catcher, but I do think he can be a top 10 guy and a great real baseball backstop.

He'll be up as soon as the Padres deal Norris, which should happen after the AS break and before the deadline. At which point I see him becoming the starter, even over Bethancourt, whose shown he's a solid back up, but reall not an everyday guy .
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

This kid is still raking. .372 BA with 3 HR and 18 RBI in his last 10 games
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        This kid is still raking. .372 BA with 3 HR and 18 RBI in his last 10 games
        Just a matter of time before Norris is dealt (Hello, Cleveland?). He'll be up soon enough.

Comment

I wished the Padres ran their club like the cubbies, promoting player(s) like Wilson contreras even though their are players ahead/blocking them

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
            I wished the Padres ran their club like the cubbies, promoting player(s) like Wilson contreras even though their are players ahead/blocking them
            Except Miguel Montero was both a) not hitting; and b) allowing SBs at an unbelievable clip (42 of 45). Derek Norris, despite his .210ish BA, has 12 HRs, 5 SBs and has thrown out 16 baserunners, good enough for 4th in the NL.

Comment

Working...
            X