Kershaw....why?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw....why?????

Surprisingly quiet considering that he might be done for the year. Sure that's a,worst case statement, but can happen.

Very UNLUCKY for Kershaw owners.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Where have you seen that he "might be done for the year?"

Comment

I haven't heard that either. I know backs can be tricky and wouldn't surprise me to see him miss most of July.

Comment

I expect him back in late July.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

A few years ago, he had this just prior to my draft and it's how I got him cheap. He was money then, and I'd expect him to be money now.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Where have you seen that he "might be done for the year?"
            I said worst case scenario. Who knows how he will respond??

You know I'm Mr. Pessimist!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I went "two studs and leftovers" in one of my mixed leagues, so yeah I have Kershaw and Strassberg. I'm not sure how long I can hold my breath. Currently in second, was in first last week....
              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                A few years ago, he had this just prior to my draft and it's how I got him cheap. He was money then, and I'd expect him to be money now.
                Yeah, I stupidly got scared by it then and sold him way too cheap. Probably cost me the title that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Surprisingly quiet considering that he might be done for the year. Sure that's a,worst case statement, but can happen.

Very UNLUCKY for Kershaw owners.
                  Now you know why I do not spend $75 on a single pitcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Now you know why I do not spend $75 on a single pitcher.
                    Well I won in 2014 and came in 2nd last year. Leading by 22 so far this year. So that $60-65 was well spent on him!

But can my team withstand his loss? Time will tell.

Comment

Kershaw shut down indefinitely due to continued back pain.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Doesn't surprise me. Backs are tricky and can take awhile to heal. It took me 6 months to recover with treatment and exercise.

Comment

See ya in 2017.

Can fantasy teams withstand the loss?

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            See ya in 2017.

Can fantasy teams withstand the loss?
                            No. A roto team built around Kershaw that loses him is like The Beatles without McCarthy, the Justice League without Superman, French Fries without ketchup. It just doesn't work.

edit: unless you are the Slippin Jimmys in Idle Hands and have a 23.5 pt lead over 2nd place. But even that may not be safe, as it was a about a 33 point lead when Kershaw went down.
                            Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-19-2016, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I have a 10 point lead, but Arrieta gotta get back to dominating or I'm sunk.

Comment

Working...
                              X