Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giolito gets the call (6/27)

Starts tomorrow against the Mets.

How long is Strasburg expected to be out? This shouldn't be longer than a couple of starts, no?

Comment

Stras isn't expected to be ready after 14d because he was added retroactively, but it isn't serious.

Who do you start tomorrow? Gio? Harvey? Both?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Rotoworld is speculating that if he pitches well, he could stick, but I just don't see it. What incentive do the Nationals have? Ross and Roark are both pitching great. Hard to rely on a rookie to do better than they are, no matter who he is. Their worst pitcher is actually Gonzalez, but I don't see them sitting him either.

Comment

Honestly, I think that this shows how little we as fans know about minor leaguers. By all statistical accounts, Giolito is about the 3rd best choice to come up...Austin Voth is a level higher and has very good stats, and Reynaldo Lopez is also doing great at AA ball, with a K/9 of 11.79 and a solid WHIP. Giolito is obviously the best talent, and the guy who's been groomed for this spot. The time could be here.

Gio has been horrible for the past month, horrible. And almost as bad for the past 2 months. The Nats can't keep trotting him out there every 5 days, hoping that he MIGHT get it together, they need solid performances 1-5...which means that Giolito could stay if he shows that he's really ready.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Honestly, I think that this shows how little we as fans know about minor leaguers. By all statistical accounts, Giolito is about the 3rd best choice to come up...Austin Voth is a level higher and has very good stats, and Reynaldo Lopez is also doing great at AA ball, with a K/9 of 11.79 and a solid WHIP. Giolito is obviously the best talent, and the guy who's been groomed for this spot. The time could be here.

Gio has been horrible for the past month, horrible. And almost as bad for the past 2 months. The Nats can't keep trotting him out there every 5 days, hoping that he MIGHT get it together, they need solid performances 1-5...which means that Giolito could stay if he shows that he's really ready.
            His ERA on the season is 3.17 and that includes 2 blowouts. How is that horrible? Yahoo! reported that he had settled into a groove earlier this month.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...908&position=P

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              His ERA on the season is 3.17 and that includes 2 blowouts. How is that horrible? Yahoo! reported that he had settled into a groove earlier this month.

http://www.fangraphs.com/statsd.aspx...908&position=P
              Talking about Gio GONZALEZ being horrible, not Giolito. Gonzalez has an ERA near 5 and WHIP of 1.37...that includes an ERA of almost EIGHT for the past month.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Talking about Gio GONZALEZ being horrible, not Giolito. Gonzalez has an ERA near 5 and WHIP of 1.37...that includes an ERA of almost EIGHT for the past month.
                Ha! I'm not surprised it got confusing that quickly. Go Gio...lito!

Comment

Finally. I hope the Mets are still easy outs.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                  X