Trade Help - Cano/Boxberger for Blackmon/Kluber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Help - Cano/Boxberger for Blackmon/Kluber

10 team - shallow mixed league - 6x6 (extra categories are OPS for hitters and Quality Starts for Pitchers)

I would give up:
    Robinson Cano - $19 - 2 years left on contract
    Brad Boxberger - $3 - 2 years left on contract

I would get:
    Charlie Blackmon - $8 - 1 year left on contract
    Corey Kluber - can't be kept

I have a glut of 2B (Kipnis, Schoop and Travis) so I can mix and match there to fill Cano's spot. I just lost JD Martinez so my OF is thin and I'm in last place in steals so Blackmon will help me a little there. Boxberger is a throw in for me - I have 4 other cheap closers so I don't need him. I'm 2nd to last in wins and quality starts and middle of the pack in ERA, WHIP and K's so my main target in this deal is Kluber which I think will help tremendously. I just want to make sure I'm not shooting myself in the foot by going from Cano to Blackmon (plus my rotating 2B). I'm hoping/thinking that Cano will slow down at some point given his age, right? From a keeper standpoint I probably lose out but I'm obviously playing for this year.

What say the pen? Thanks in advance!

You're playing for this year, so whether Cano slows down or not, he and Blackmon are comps, and so you're getting Kluber for nothing. I'd do it.

Comment

Blackmon is looking healthy. Maybe he'll even run a bit. This is a heist for you. Box may not even get the closer job back next year.

Comment

Thanks guys - always good to get some confirmation from trusted fellas. I pulled the trigger on the deal before the other owner came back with a second thought.

Comment

Working...
        X