Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCutchen ROS

Stay the course? I'm getting impatient.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Crapshoot. Watching him play he seems healthy, but just doesn't produce.

I really wouldn't count on him to be the star he has been. Solid, but no longer top shelf.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thumb or hand allegedly bothering him - not holding the bat the same, impacting his swing plane and his bat speed. Will that improve? Maybe at some point. I watched a lot of him against the Mets and he looked like he was getting closer, but not there yet.

Comment

would you rather have McCutchen or Stanton ROS?
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I would take Stanton. He's gotta start crushing right. He's not injured.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Yeah, Stanton pretty easily for me.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Yeah, Stanton pretty easily for me.
              Another vote for Stanton.

Comment

Yeah Stanton. At least when Stanton is hurt he goes on the DL. When McCutchen is hurt he continues to play and brings down your numbers.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Besides any hidden injury, Cutch has stopped stealing bases, which was a primary reason why he was a top 10 fantasy player. Without the SBs, he's just another 20/80 guy.

Comment

I gave up - moved him for Aaron Sanchez and Hector Rondon.

Comment

The owner who paid $41 in our league also traded for a $44 Stanton. Has the best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
                        I gave up - moved him for Aaron Sanchez and Hector Rondon.
                        Wow. Sanchez has about 30 innings left as a starter this season and Rondon may find himself battling with a newly imported star closer soon.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Wow. Sanchez has about 30 innings left as a starter this season and Rondon may find himself battling with a newly imported star closer soon.
                          I should have added that it's a keeper league with no salaries or restrictions.

Who's the import?

Rondon has looked pretty good this year I though - 3 years on the bounce as closer led me to conclude that he's fairly safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Dans View Post
                            I should have added that it's a keeper league with no salaries or restrictions.

Who's the import?

Rondon has looked pretty good this year I though - 3 years on the bounce as closer led me to conclude that he's fairly safe.
                            The Cubs publicly acknowledged that they're scouting Andrew Miller and Aroldis Chapman. Not sure if that means that either will take the job if they're acquired, but you never know. I think Chapman would, but Miller wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                            X