Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockbuster Trade Offer

14 teams MLB 5x5 H2H
    I'm in first but a few teams are keeping pace right behind me.

One team is dumping.

Give: Desmond Heyward Stroman Jeanmar 2nd rounder
    Get: Myers Bautista Cueto Rondon 4th rounder

We must keep 4. EE, Bautista, Lester, Kluber would be my projected keepers.
    As for the picks, they happen after the 64 players are kept.

Thoughts?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    14 teams MLB 5x5 H2H
    I'm in first but a few teams are keeping pace right behind me.

One team is dumping.

Give: Desmond Heyward Stroman Jeanmar 2nd rounder
    Get: Myers Bautista Cueto Rondon 4th rounder

We must keep 4. EE, Bautista, Lester, Kluber would be my projected keepers.
    As for the picks, they happen after the 64 players are kept.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, do it...don't worry about the future if this will put you over the top.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I dunno. It depends on Bautista's timetable to return. If he's out for more than 2 weeks, I'd pass, since you're only really winning the deal on Cueto-Stroman, as everything else is close.

Comment

Odd "dump" deal to me, but probably a more healthy one than I'm used to in my league. You are made better this year, but not by a large amount, as you are giving some strong players, and Joey Bats is out right now.

But I don't see how you are being hurt all that much long term either. With only four keepers, you are getting Joey Bats, and keep him instead of--I don't see anyone you are giving I'd clearly prefer. Aside from the pick swap, I don't see this really hurting you long term, and it does help you assuming you can afford to lose Gomez' saves, so it seems like an easy trade to make.

Comment

Desmond would be in my current top 4, though he will likely only qualify as an OF next year and isn't quite as attractive.

Masher, I get HRondon back who is an upgrade over Jeanmar. The key to this trade is upgrades.

We also have 4 late round dynasty keepers (Strasburg, Trumbo, Giolito and Moncada are my candidates going forward) and he didn't ask about any of them.

I emailed him the offer to see what he thought.

BTW, his initial offer was Bautista/Prince/JPeralta/4th for Desmond/Jeanmar/2nd. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Desmond would be in my current top 4, though he will likely only qualify as an OF next year and isn't quite as attractive.

Masher, I get HRondon back who is an upgrade over Jeanmar. The key to this trade is upgrades.

We also have 4 late round dynasty keepers (Strasburg, Trumbo, Giolito and Moncada are my candidates going forward) and he didn't ask about any of them.

I emailed him the offer to see what he thought.

BTW, his initial offer was Bautista/Prince/JPeralta/4th for Desmond/Jeanmar/2nd. Yuck.
            My bad, I read that as Rodon. It is an even bigger no brainer than I thought. Rondon is much safer/better than Gomez.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. He said it was too much.

He said he would do Bautista/Prince/JPeralta/4th for Desmond/Jeanmar/2nd with lower picks. I told him it wouldn't help me. At the deadline he will be looking to clean house (he's 12/14, 10 points out of the playoffs, but has to pass 5). And he's matched up with me this week. Time to knock him down to 14th!

Comment

Working...
              X