Grand Slam
    Ground Out
    Walk
    Walk
    Walk
    Barry Freaking Enright single
    another bases loaded single
    Justin Berg relieved Ryan Dempster.

I cant believe I just witnessed that. I effin hate you Dempster.

Comment

Luckiest guy in my 5x5 NL league: the one who said $12 for Ryan Dempster right before I bid $13.

With Dempster and Capuano tonight, my ERA has ballooned to 5.25 and WHIP to 1.529 through 204 innings, both far and away the worst numbers in the league. Even a recent trade for Clayton Kershaw hasn't helped. My other starters are Wandy, Westbrook & Harang (great until that 8-run game a couple of nights ago).

I've never fire-saled this early, but thanks to Dempster and friends, I'm just about ready because I'm not sure I can get out of this ERA/WHIP hole. And what a fire sale I could have (Pujols, Hanley, Rollins, Victorino, Werth, Kershaw, Wandy either expensive or in last contract year).

Stick it out or maximize my return for next year?

Comment

He's been so bad lately that I benched him tonight. Is it time to cut him loose?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Dempster went for 29 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) in my bizarro NL auction that I've previously chronicled. I'm battling that guy for 2nd place, after boycotting the silly SP pricing and not buying a pitcher for first 3 hours of the auction....
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Ugh. I had a plan to spend $9 on my pitching staff but he went really cheap and I pounced on him at $8. I thought I had a really good deal. He's been on my bench since week 1.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              He's been so bad lately that I benched him tonight. Is it time to cut him loose?
              Tonight was the first night I benched him, thank God. I'm at the point now where I can't imagine starting the guy until he strings together at least a couple of good starts in a row. I'm wondering if the Cubs will DL him after today's massacre.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                Tonight was the first night I benched him, thank God. I'm at the point now where I can't imagine starting the guy until he strings together at least a couple of good starts in a row. I'm wondering if the Cubs will DL him after today's massacre.
                I hope so. What's a bench?

Comment

Working...
                X