Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So your season has gone to shit

Who do you target for next season?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

AJ Pollock

Comment

Kyle Schwarber is the big trade chip in all the NL leagues. Baseball Prospectus had a great article on his work ethic while sidelined this year, saying that he's charting pitches, and working hard all the time to continue to leave the door open for catching, but maybe not until 2018 (as knee injuries might require the extra year staying out of a crouch). It was a nice read, anyway.

Matt Shoemaker... why oh why did I choose to draft you for $1 this year and then dump you before you were banished to a cave, discovered a magic lamp, and came out with a new 70 grade pitch to lean on?.... I would suspect he's on a cheap contract, whoever has him in AL only. I would look to buy now before he's certified as legit, but it's probably too late.

For Closer-in-waiting guys, I really like Tyler Thornburg. I think he takes over for Jeffress pretty soon, rather than Will Smith. I put him at around 50% chance to break through and become a closer for 2017.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

AL - here's my thoughts:

Blake Snell - take advantage of his slowish start and go get him.
        Michael Fullner - if he's at a good price in your league, he's another young pitcher to target
        Rich Hill - Comes with risk in an AL only league as he's a FA, but with his unknown return date, you might be able to get him if you're dumping. Most leagues I've seen, he's still at a good to great price.
        Lance McCullers - I watch this guy, and he seems this..close to being a really good #2.
        Matt Shoemaker - Did he sell his.soul in Salt Lake?
        Brandon Guyer - impressive progress this year, injured now, may be cheap. I think there's upside here
        Steven Souza - he is what a lot of pundits thought he'd be. Which is pretty good.
        Jonathan Schoop - he's exactly as advertised, but his contact rate looks a little better. Could be a good MI cheap source of power for a building team.

And, of course, the most obvious - Carlos Correa. If he's at a decent price, take advantage of his less than stellar season to try and get him.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

NL - I'm not as active here, but here's a few thoughts:

Alex Reyes - comes with druggie risk, but I'd not be surprised to see him as the Cards #1 in a couple years.
          S.H. Oh - this guy's stuff is evil. Rosenthal clearly has a lot of leash, but in a NL only league, even if he stays a MR, he helps,
          Orlando Arcia - he's coming. It's not like Aaron Hill or Scooter Gennett will keep him out of the lineup for much longer.
          Stephen Piscotty - if he's still at a good price....oh, yeah.
          Jorge Soler - will likely cost a pittance. I'd stash him if I were rebuilding
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X