karns or cobb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karns or cobb

I can get Karns 5B (option next spring) or Cobb 4A (option in spring of 2018).

Why am I stuttering on cobb ? I get he is coming back from tommy john but should get a month or more worth of action leading into next season. I should take Cobb, right ?

I'd roll the dice on Cobb.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Folks tend to think TJ surgery is a sure thing these days, but in nearly 1/3 of cases, the pitcher isn't what he was, so until you see a post TJ guy pitch, there is risk involved. But Cobb's A vs Karns B make me agree with virgonomic. I like Karns K rate, but his control issue and overall game don't make him an enticing keeper to me, assuming that is your primary focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        Folks tend to think TJ surgery is a sure thing these days, but in nearly 1/3 of cases, the pitcher isn't what he was, so until you see a post TJ guy pitch, there is risk involved. But Cobb's A vs Karns B make me agree with virgonomic. I like Karns K rate, but his control issue and overall game don't make him an enticing keeper to me, assuming that is your primary focus.
        Yes, I am in dump mode...

Comment

Yeah, I'd rather take the 30-40% chance you get great out of Cobb than the 90% chance you get mediocre out of Karns
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
          X