Fair Deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Deal?

14 team h2h mixed league with 30 man rosters. Team A is hunting for his first title.

Team A: Correa 5B (must be extended), Dee Gordon 20 on a 4 year extension, Maikel Franco 5B (must be extended)
    Team B: Chris Davis 20 extended to next year, Ian Desmond 36A, Drew Pomeranz 6A, Raja Davis 5A, and Will Harris 5A (Team A has Gregerson)

Full Disclosure: I made the offer to team A on a whim--I knew he wouldn't do it, and I'm still in it, so I shouldn't be dumping, but it was a challenge trade, because he keeps asking for many of these guys and not offering much. He responded saying that my offer doesn't improve him much this year and isn't close, because he is giving up way more long term value (I agree with his second point, but not his first).

He is thin in the OF, starting Marisnick/Ichiro in his 5th OF spot, and needs the saves with Gregerson possibly demoted for Harris. But he believes Correa and Franco will be as productive as Chris Davis and Desmond the ROS, so thinks the deal makes no sense for him, as the upgrades he gets in Pomeranz, Raja Davis, and Harris are not enough to justify the deal. Am I way off in thinking that Chris Davis and Ian Desmond have a lot more value than Correa and Frano the ROS, and that Pomeranz, Raja Davis, and Will Harris are huge upgrades over Shoemaker, Marisnick/Ichiro, and Gregerson?
    Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-12-2016, 01:52 PM.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
    14 team h2h mided league. Team A is hunting for his first title.

Team A: Correa 5B (must be extended), Dee Gordon 20 on a 4 year extension, Maikel Franco 5B (must be extended)
    Team B: Chris Davis 20 extended to next year, Ian Desmond 36A, Drew Pomeranz 6A, Raja Davis 5A, and Will Harris 5A (Team A has Gregerson)

Full Disclosure: I made the offer to team A on a whim--I knew he wouldn't do it, and I'm still in it, so I shouldn't be dumping, but it was a challenge trade, because he keeps asking for many of these guys and not offering much. He responded saying that my offer doesn't improve him much this year and isn't close, because he is giving up way more long term value (I agree with his second point, but not his first).

He is thin in the OF, starting Marisnick right now, and needs the saves with Gregerson possibly demoted for Harris. But he believes Correa and Franco will be as productive as Chris Davis and Desmond the ROS, so thinks the deal makes no sense for him, as the upgrades he gets in Pomeranz, Raja Davis, and Harris are not enough to justify the deal. Am I way off in thinking that Chris Davis and Ian Desmond have a lot more value than Correa and Frano the ROS, and that Pomeranz, Raja Davis, and Will Harris are big upgrades of Shoemaker, Marisnick, and Gregerson?
    He's right, no way do I give up Correa and Gordon in a package that has a lot of question marks. Don't know if Pomerantz is going to keep it up, don't know if Harris is closer tomorrow, next week, or next month, and Rajai Davis is a 1 trick pony. No thanks. I'd agree that Corea and Frankel are likely to rebound as well.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      He's right, no way do I give up Correa and Gordon in a package that has a lot of question marks. Don't know if Pomerantz is going to keep it up, don't know if Harris is closer tomorrow, next week, or next month, and Rajai Davis is a 1 trick pony. No thanks. I'd agree that Corea and Frankel are likely to rebound as well.
      Well, I like those guys too, which is why I made the offer . Again, I didn't expect him to accept it, but maybe the offer will stop him from making offers of Franco for Chris Davis and Raja Davis .

I wouldn't have done it if I were him either, but I disagree that Chris Davis and Ian Desmond are not clearly better than Franco and Correa the ROS. But maybe I like them--Davis especially--more than most.

Comment

I'd pass on the offer, but I'd consider it if you'd sweeten the deal. Shoemaker is completely en fuego right now, and, no right now Pomeranz is not an upgrade. Rajai is an upgrade, but not a huge one.

If I had any chance of getting Correa and Maikel, I'd upgrade the OF offer even more to see if he'd bite. But that would almost certainly put you into rebuild instead of competitive mode.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Yeah, I don't have any healthy OFer left that could get the deal done. I have Pence and Brantley, but both are big questions at this point, and my other guys--Grichuk, Justin Upton, and Steve Smith don't interest him. And really, I don't think there is a deal out there he'd take to give up Correa. Hell, I could offer all of those players just for Correa and he'd probably say no. I mostly just wanted him to stop trying to get Chris Davis and Ian Desmond for chicken feed. To me, Davis is way, way, better than Franco, now and next year, but believes Franco is worth Davis, and he was low-balling on Desmond because he actually only needs him as an OFer, because he has Correa and Machado as SS.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-12-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X