Jason Heyward Buy Low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jason Heyward Buy Low?

Thinking of trading for him but every time I look at his over-all body of work I can't help thinking he may be nothing more than a .270 hitter with mid teens HRs and 20 SB. Which isn't bad but nothing to get overly excited about. What do you think about him?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Thinking of trading for him but every time I look at his over-all body of work I can't help thinking he may be nothing more than a .270 hitter with mid teens HRs and 20 SB. Which isn't bad but nothing to get overly excited about. What do you think about him?
    I agree with your assessment of what he is.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

He is what you think he is. Figure mid-80s runs and mid-60s RBI hitting second, and that's a $23-26 player in a NL only league.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

His value lies in real baseball, where's he's a superb defender. I think that Chance has him valued a little high, but there will always be owners who'll hope for a breakthrough.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
          Yep, this is what he is -- a nice contributor. If you have a bunch of contributors on your team, he'll fit right in and help the cause. But if your team is in dire straits and you pick him up, he won't help as much as you might hope.

Comment

Might be a little late to buy low, but this is a guy with the ability to quietly put up #s in 5 categories. I'd compare him to Ray Durham - in a given week he might get you 1 HR, might get you 1 SB, but can score runs in bunches, especially with that lineup.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
              Might be a little late to buy low, but this is a guy with the ability to quietly put up #s in 5 categories. I'd compare him to Ray Durham - in a given week he might get you 1 HR, might get you 1 SB, but can score runs in bunches, especially with that lineup.
              Sure, but Ray Durham played 2B (so arguably more valuable in that sense; though I think Heyward can put up real numbers).

Comment

Working...
              X