Deal Bryant for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deal Bryant for...

In a keeper league, I got screwed this year by Yahoo! and couldn't get into the draft until about every single decent player was gone. So insta-rebuilding mode!

I managed to land Kris Bryant in a deal earlier this year for Carlos Carrasco (and other somewhat insignificant parts), but now a league mate is very hungry for Bryant.

He offered Bumgarner-$7 and Puig-$7 for Bryant-$6. Salaries go up $3 or 20% each year, and you can keep as many players as you like. ($260 for each team) I turned it down. He's now swapped out Arrieta-$6 for Bumgarner in the original deal.

My lineup is as such, and most everyone is at good prices:

C-Schwarber (playing waiver wire game to try to keep a hot catcher on my roster)
    1B-C.Santana
    2B-Kipnis
    3B-Bryant
    SS-C.Seager
    OF-M.Brantley, C.Gomez, Braun, Conforto, Ellsbury, Souza (start 3, have 2 UT slots also)
    also have Moncada and Swanson sitting on my roster

SP-J.Zimmerman, Taillon, Shields, Iwakuma, G.Gonzalez
    RP-Robertson, Vizcaino, Storen, May

He also has J.Fernandez-$7, deGrom-$6, M.Franco-$4, A.Russell-$7, Trout-$7, and Freeman-$7 that I'd be at least intrigued in, and is currently starting Justin Upton in the OF.

I have wanted Fernandez for over a year now, would you take Puig and Fernandez for Bryant? I also thought about adding in Franco on his side and one of my outfielders on my side. I'm just not much a Puig believer...is it too early to lose hope in him?
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

I would need a better bat than Puig. Dont get me wrong, his offer is fair, whether its Bum or Jose, but I prefer the offense and if he is as hot for Bryant as you say, I need a different bat back than Puig.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Looks like you would need to get Franco unless you have another option for 3B. So, i would try to get Franco plus one of Fernandez/Arrieta/Bumgarner/deGrom in that order of preference. And i wouldn't advise taking Puig.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Looks like you would need to get Franco unless you have another option for 3B. So, i would try to get Franco plus one of Fernandez/Arrieta/Bumgarner/deGrom in that order of preference. And i wouldn't advise taking Puig.
        Agreed, but Arrieta would be #1 for me.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
        X